Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:07 am

Jakizle wrote: Night rides on Saturday were absolutely insane. It never freakin' slows down.

How did it run in the morning?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Can anyone else see the park getting the Led Zepplin ride/time machine from music freestyle park and put it in the back next to the lake. it would be the perfect fit and bring a lot of people to the park.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:13 pm

It would fit well, but it would not happen, the park doesn't pull enough high thrill seeking people to make a mult-looping coaster economically feasible for the area... SFNE is within a few hours of driving, and it's not the right clientele for the park...

That being said, I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it will

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boulderdashcci » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 am

Mack spinner will come after the waterpark, it's no secret and has been talked about since 2005-2006. The bureaucracy with Southington and Bristol about moving the road and getting construction permits for the waterpark is what has delayed everything so much.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jodon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:37 pm

I visited LC for the first time yesterday. I really liked Boulder Dash, currently 4th favorite woodie behind Outlaw Run, The Voyage, and Goliath at Great America.

Unfortunately, I was really irritated at the operations in the park. Both of their wooden coasters were only running one train on a decently busy day. I had to wait about 35-40 minutes for each of my two rides on Boulder Dash when the line should have taken 10-15 minutes with 2 trains. Wildcat was the same way. I asked an op on Boulder Dash and they said that the line wasn't long enough to warrant a second train. My home park is Great America and their operations are terrible and they run all of their trains. It was just frustrating to see a completely operable train sitting idle because the line wasn't 20 ft longer. Is Lake Compounce always like that?
Top 10: Outlaw Run, El Toro, Maverick, The Voyage, Bizarro (SFNE), Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge, Goliath (SFGAm), Phoenix, Top Thrill Dragster

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby CanobieFan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:23 pm

I experienced the unfortunate event of on train too. Employees and supervisors said it was to cut down maintenance costs. :(

Nothing we can fix or do. The fourth of July was crazy packed and Wildcat ran one train for most of it with a 75 minute wait. Of course, the park finally sucked it up and put the train on. :|
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Yeah LC is really hit or miss when it comes to one or two trains. Fri-Sun there is a better chance but slim chance on weekdays. Unless the line is out past the entrance sign they don't usually add a train during the week. I think they usually run two on Saturday and my last visit on Sunday had 2.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:29 pm

BoulderDash wrote:Yeah LC is really hit or miss when it comes to one or two trains. Fri-Sun there is a better chance but slim chance on weekdays. Unless the line is out past the entrance sign they don't usually add a train during the week. I think they usually run two on Saturday and my last visit on Sunday had 2.

Last year at the Haunted Graveyard, the line reached the ride's sign so the park added a second train. Usually I visit the park on a weekday and have only seen two trains one other time.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:29 am

For the 2015 season I'm guessing the park will either add the spinning coaster they have been talking about for years or either a 2nd tower to down time which will be a space shot.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:37 am

A second tower on DT would ruin the look of the park. It would make the front entrance so ugly, It would look like a tumor on the ride.

I am hearing a coaster for next year though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!