Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am

This is a couple weeks old by now, but I just wanted to say that per your recommendation, Larry, my girlfriend and I got that ice cream nacho dessert when we visited Lake Compounce. It was definitely a highlight of the visit! Thanks!
photo (2).JPG
Rikki is very grateful...
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:59 am

^Too much dessert for one person, perfect for two.

Glad I could help.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 am

When do you think that spinning coaster will come to Lake Compounce?

For whoever started that Lake Compounce and Cyclone discussion, NO, Cyclone will not be coming to LC. They are most likely going to RMC it.
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:57 pm

ahecht wrote:Is Lake Compounce still doing Text2Ride? I couldn't find anything about it on their website.

Is it true that this is gone? Yes, there's a reason I'm asking for confirmation: I noticed that Kennywood sometimes (not currently) lacks information about their system on their website, so I wondered if they were trying to minimize awareness of it for customer service reasons. Like, they figured the "right" people would learn about it in the park and buy it, but they didn't want too many random people finding out about it and getting confused or complaining. I will be disappointed if Lake Compounce doesn't have this available.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Sue » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Yes, Text2Ride is most definitely gone. They only had it for 1 season and that was a couple years ago.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 pm

I love the charm and feel of Lake Compounce but this park is in desperate need of some sort of steel coaster. Something original seeing the only steel coaster here is a boomerang. I always say a Gerlauster Eurofighter fitting in well at the park.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Visited this weekend and Boulder Dash is still running amazing. Just as smooth as 7 years ago when the new track was put down. Night rides on Saturday were absolutely insane. It never freakin' slows down.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Jcoaster wrote:I love the charm and feel of Lake Compounce but this park is in desperate need of some sort of steel coaster. Something original seeing the only steel coaster here is a boomerang. I always say a Gerlauster Eurofighter fitting in well at the park.

I completely agree! It needs a nice medium sized steel ride. I feel like something on the lines of Dollywood's Mystery Mine or something from maybe Zamperela (Thunderbolt really is a solid, small park ride) would fit the line up beautifully.

I feel like something by the haunted maze would pull people deeper into the park too!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby neil009 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm

I saw some construction going on on the other side of the lake from the sky ride. What's that all about? I could definitely see a coaster going in there, something long and thin like Fahrenheit.

Oh and, loved my first trip to LC, for anyone who hasn't yet made it out there for Boulder Dash, I can tell you that it is absolutely one of the most ferocious, intense, wild, incredible rides I've ever been on, especially at night. YOU MUST GO.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:56 pm

That is where the water park is expanding. It has been like that for years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!