Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 am

^Thank God that they have opened this campground!

Hopefully this will put that horribly strange backwoods campground (that we stayed at a few years back) out of business.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:10 am

Philrad71 wrote:^Thank God that they have opened this campground!

Hopefully this will put that horribly strange backwoods campground (that we stayed at a few years back) out of business.

I was thinking of you when I posted this news.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:37 am

Is Lake Compounce still doing Text2Ride? I couldn't find anything about it on their website.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:20 am

No, that was ended many years ago, thank god. :)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jodon » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm going to be heading to Lake Compounce on a weekday at the end of July or early August and was planning on hitting up Quassy on the same day. I was hoping someone on here could give me suggestions on the best way to experience both parks.

-Which park should I start with/end with? Does it make any sense to start at LC and go to Quassy, then back to LC? Or, should I start at one park and end at the other? I'll be driving from Hopkinton, MA if that makes any difference.
-Are either of the water parks worth the time?
-Does it make sense to get an all day ride bracelet at Quassy, or should I just buy individual ride tickets for the two coasters.
-On the credit whoring circuit, do either of the kiddie coasters at both parks require a little one to ride?
-Any food things I should try out at either of the parks, or on the way to/from the parks?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I'm really looking forward to riding Boulder Dash and Wooden Warrior.
Top 10: Outlaw Run, El Toro, Maverick, The Voyage, Bizarro (SFNE), Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge, Goliath (SFGAm), Phoenix, Top Thrill Dragster

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:42 pm

I tried to do both parks a few weeks back... Sadly QL was closed to a private party...

Both parks are definitely doable in one day. I would suggest doing QL first, since it is truly small compared to other parks of the region...

I really enjoyed LC. The rides are pretty good, and it was a nice park to just hang around! I can't speak for the water parks as they aren't really my thing. What I can say is that the gonada ride was MAGNIFICENT. I suggest doing it late afternoon when the mountain is blocking the sun, make sure you have some really odd questions for the person who spends their shift sitting at the top of the ride...

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Boulder Dash runs better as the day progresses.

Go to Quassy first.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby yankeeman311 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I would suggest LC first then Quassy no doubt. The reason being that Quassy has a great sunset wristband deal. At 5 they offer them for $11.

As for credit whoring I believe you need to be under 56 inches for LC's kiddie coaster but I don't think Quassy has a requirement.
The end of an era and the rise of a new one:
#1 overall coaster from 2008-2013: El Toro
#1 overall coaster from 2013-present: Skyrush

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Depends what day you go I guess. I would suggest Quassy then LC. Boulder Dash runs better later on and a night ride is a must. Better yet, make your first ride in the front seat at night, you won't be disappointed lol.

LC does have a after 5 ticket for $20 but if they are only open till 8 it is kinda weak. But I would just hit the two coasters at quassy (maybe a few extra rides on ww) then head to LC.

Also if you go Fri-Sun they have a sick new light show, really cool, the video I took doesn't do it justice :D

http://youtu.be/9k1Dvr7ofs0

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:13 am

larrygator wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:^Thank God that they have opened this campground!

I was thinking of you when I posted this news.

Thanks Larry!

I still hope to get back to this park to get on Boulder Dash at night and perhaps have some more time to spend in the water park. I especially enjoyed the water slides that emptied into the lake....very unique for a US park to have something like this.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!