Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:40 am

^ They have all that cleared land around the lake that's just dirt. I could see them literally planting some trees and grass along the loop as they start to fill it in with attractions.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:12 am

I wouldn't put it past them, at this point, to tease "planting some grass" as a new attraction. But I am hoping for a bit more than that. They so badly need something to make up for losing the mountain skyride.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:35 am

I'm guessing water park addition, but not sure what it could be besides trap door slides

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 am

...maybe they're getting their own version of the Venus Slydetrap from Aquatopia?

venusslydetrap.jpg

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:14 am

^ The only other thought I had was a wild mouse since a lot of people up here call them Mouse Trap coasters; however, the clearings that they have available would be much more condusive to a water park addition.

Considering they just closed their extreme body slide in Lights Out, one of those skybox/trap door water slides would be a great fit. I just hope they don't get the same manufacturer as the ones at SFNE (Splashtacular). Those ones are brutal on your back.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:55 am

Most trap door water slides are made by ProSlide and / or WhiteWater. Aquatopia's Venus Slydetrap slide is also a WhiteWater installation, the closest ProSlide has to that are their larger funnel slides, which can be open at the top.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Lake Compounce posted another teaser today on their social media. They now have two crates outside the main entrance with some warnings- carnivorous, caution, do not feed, etc. Their post still used the #ItsATrap hashtag.

On one hand, those creates look to be the perfect size for a drop pod if and when they plan to reveal what's inside.

On the other hand, they did used to have a Dino Expedition walkthrough that I believe they have closed. If the ride were to use that land, it wouldn't be in the water park.

Lake Compounce Crates.jpg

Edit- Look what I found on the website under Water Rides. There's an empty listing for a ride called Venus Vortex. I was already strongly leaning towards the water park, but this may pseudo confirm it.

Venus Vortex.JPG

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:54 pm

I think its gonna be a thrill slide since they don't have one after lights out closed

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Looks like Chris was spot on with the Venus SlydeTrap.

Good to see this park making some positive moves forward.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi there. I've read the last few pages of comments but wanted to post. I'm going to visit Lake Compounce for the first time later this week, and had a few questions.

First, any recommended sequence for rides and/or warnings regarding rides with poor throughput that should be ridden early and/or watched for when they have a short line?

Second, any food in the park that shouldn't be missed? Food outside the park that shouldn't be missed?

It's interesting, I put this on the plan strictly because we have to be in central CT on Saturday anyway, and I knew it was nearby, and an older park. Then I read about Boulder Dash the other day, and got real excited. Then I read this forum, and now I have very low expectations.

Looking forward to any information anyone can share. Thanks.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS