Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Lake Compounce Wildcat closed for the season

Postby CPmillenia94 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 am

Honestly I couldn't care less about wildcat. But boulder dash! I rode it Friday and got multiple rides on it and damn is it running fast this year! In all the 5 years I have ridden this coaster I never felt it run so fast as it did. Not even during nightime ert! The triple up almost hurt, and there was ejector even at the top in the back row. In fact, every hill had ejector to the point if my thighs being bruised after 6 rides. It seemed to have a faster lift and new wheels, so I really hope those repairs don't change how its running.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:39 am

Last time we were there they told us that with this new modified BoulderDash it takes a lot of upkeep to keep it in a good, rideable condition. I'd rather the ride have some downtime and continue to run the way it's been running then to go back to what it used to be or worse turn into a typical CCI of that age!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:24 am

Good riddance (for the season)! :devil:

Shame about Boulder Dash though. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Like others, I want it to keep running excellently as it has last year and apparently this year, and would hate to see it decline long-term.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:59 am

SharkTums wrote:Last time we were there they told us that with this new modified BoulderDash it takes a lot of upkeep to keep it in a good, rideable condition. I'd rather the ride have some downtime and continue to run the way it's been running then to go back to what it used to be or worse turn into a typical CCI of that age!

And whatever they're doing is working. I've never been able to ride an old CCI on a wheel seat without getting my spine shattered into thousands of pieces, but Boulder Dash was like butter!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:29 pm

SharkTums wrote:Last time we were there they told us that with this new modified BoulderDash it takes a lot of upkeep to keep it in a good, rideable condition. I'd rather the ride have some downtime and continue to run the way it's been running then to go back to what it used to be or worse turn into a typical CCI of that age!

This is so true. Really glad that those planned trims that they told us about in '08 never happened.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm feeling fortunate - I caught Dash on Tues. Such a hyped ride. At first it was underwhelming, but improved with each ride. How it holds its speed! Very nice.

Wildcat was closed. Oh well, sounds like I didn't miss much.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:35 pm

This doesn't look good....

Boulder dash will be down for approximately the next three days. We are taking the lift chain motor out tomorrow and sending it out to be rewound. We are sorry for any inconvenience but will work diligently to get Boulder back up.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:02 pm

^Well at least it's the chain motor and nothing too serious like major track maintenance.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 am

I am planning to go to the park on Saturday for OkBoulderfest so I have been keeping an eye on their Facebook page.
I am sure the park is doing everything they can do to get Boulder Dash up and running since I am guessing this is a bit of a guest relations nightmare.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 pm

I can understand Boulder Dash being high maintenance, but being in the Kennywood chain, it always baffled me how they seem to have so many issues with the Wildcat, from closures like this to just being overall rough. Kennywood and Idlewild take fantastic care of their wooden coasters, and for being in the same chain since 1996, you'd think the Lake would do the same for Wildcat.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!