Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 100: Super Nintendo World details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:57 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ No, that's true. I don't know by this one photo.
And maybe it is the only place where the coaster crosses over a public pathway.

Still. To me, it's not great to look at, right there, in the pathway.

There's the big swoop over the lake that's mostly over a pathway I think, but not sure if there are nets. They could always put some eggs on top of them and pretend they are nests, and then riders would be looking at nests from their "flying dinosaur" as opposed to just nets.

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:50 am

SharkTums wrote:Buy it ahead of time. They will sell out and sometimes are not available at the park. Use Google Translate as much as you can in a separate window to help you figure everything out but keep the pure Japanese page for buying the pass.

I would also suggest not losing your express pass 20 minutes after Elissa gives it to you.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:41 am

^^That would actually be a very good idea, it would make the nets look loads better!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:29 am

Barge84 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Buy it ahead of time. They will sell out and sometimes are not available at the park. Use Google Translate as much as you can in a separate window to help you figure everything out but keep the pure Japanese page for buying the pass.

I would also suggest not losing your express pass 20 minutes after Elissa gives it to you.

:nina:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:59 am

cookiex wrote:I'd hate to see what a 1000-minute line would look like. Since the wait board only seems to allow three digits, would the counter just flip over back to one again? :lmao:

Universal Studios Japan is only open for, at most, 810 minutes per day.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Garet wrote:...They could always put some eggs on top of them and pretend they are nests, and then riders would be looking at nests from their "flying dinosaur" as opposed to just nets.

That's a great idea! In clusters with "nesting materials" around them.

You should contact US:J immediately! ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 am

| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 am

That's unfortunate to hear. But I do still think they would probably want to build a second park. If they ever want to expand the existing resort, there is a useful looking plot of land north of the current park. If they bought that, it would complement the current park and City Walk perfectly with the way its orientated. The entrances would be extremely similar to how the Disneyland Resort has two parks facing each other.
PIC.jpg

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm

I always wondered why they felt that building a park in Okinawa was a good idea... If anything, the park would've had to have been completely unique without any overlap in shows, attractions or IPs from Universal Studios Japan, otherwise the two parks would cannibalize each other. Like the image above suggests, there is a sizable amount of adjacent land that if they focused their capital and efforts to acquire, could serve as an adequate plot for an additional park and additional resort features.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri May 13, 2016 2:51 pm

I believe it was Okinawa prefecture government that contacted them and most likely gave them great financial incentive to do so...but then Comcast stepped in and gave them a great financial incentive to take full ownership of the park! :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!