Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 96: SING On Tour attraction announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:21 pm

^While I'm sure that this will be one of the better VR experiences out there, Space Fantasy is already amazing enough on its own that it is a shame that they feel like there would be value added (even for a limited time) to prevent guests from seeing everything already built into the attraction with their own eyes as opposed to presenting a totally virtually world around them.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Kawaii is in their soul! Space Fantasy might be one of the most kawaii coasters out there already but this is a new height!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby eddytheviper » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Anything involving Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is good news IMO.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:04 am

coneyislandchris wrote:
Garet wrote:Was thinking of going out mid-end of February but just noticed the rehab list to coincide with when I go: http://www.usj.co.jp/e/attraction/#rehab

No Hollywood Dream, Jurassic Park and Space Fantasy, the 4D cinema is down or it could just be with just different movies with the Genesis/Titan thingy. I normally skip it since I've seen them before but I've never seen the overlays. Are HP fans still crowding the park? Plus no roller-coasters and the titan/genesis thing they do I'm thinking might be quite crowed....maybe I should just hold off for a while and postpone when the flying roller-coaster is open.

It looks like Space Fantasy WILL be open, but it'll have a VR experience going on:
http://www.usj.co.jp/e/universal-cool-japan2016/

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 3.08.58 PM.png

And yes, it looks like the 4D cinemas are going to be showing the Evangelion and Attack on Titan experiences again.

Thanks, even though Universal is only a 2 hour plane ride away I try to time my trips carefully. Decided I may skip this year and wait for flying coaster in the end. Personally for me USJ can be quite hard to avoid the crowds if you get an unlucky day especially since the Japanese visitors can book express passes in advance but you can't from the English sites. Especially now Potterland is open, they can be gone even before opening (on our last trip one of our group made us quite late), I know my co-teachers use Korean tour sites (who go through the Japanese site) to book them the express in advance.

I asked a co-worker who knows some Japanese to look on the site for me and most of the express passes were for HP + the 4 cool japan attractions. There was a regular 6 pass after a bit more looking but they were only booking until end of Jan, seems the HP little coaster has been removed so perhaps that will no longer be fastpass for Flying Dinosaur to take the 7th ticket.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:32 pm

I would be interested in trying the VR on Space fantasy, but I am also wanting to NOT
wear the VR, so I can enjoy the attraction as it is. Which is awesome on it's own!

Hopefully, this option will be offered when it starts up?
C12_TheEntranceArch_UniversalOsaka.jpg
Before we "Space Fantasy-ed" w/o VR. TPR 2011 Japan Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:03 am

^ I could be wrong but Space Fantasy is listed on the rehab list during the Cool Japan event with pretty much the exact same dates as Shrek and Sesame Street while the other 3D movies play so I'm kind of assuming that it is VR only during the event.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 am

Here is a whole slew of new photos!

https://twitter.com/made_in_USJ
CYhhc02UEAA78af.jpg

CYhhc04UwAEmppc.jpg

CYhhc0yVAAAKmbc.jpg

CYhkT0dVAAEk1DR.jpg

CYhkT0mUwAEiMgJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/LCASTUDIOS_USJ
CYR6bOGU0AELBiX.jpg

CYR6cMtU0AAIL5y.jpg

CYR6dGIUwAIwimK.jpg

https://twitter.com/takuya__0627
CYRmxD8UEAAQbyR.jpg

I love that this is not a normal pretzel loop!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:07 am

I think it's pretty impressive that once work is done on the coaster in a particular area, they've already taken steps to reopen / reintegrate that section into the park, rather than just keep it walled off until the whole thing is done. Helps build the anticipation!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:31 am

Love the pretzel loop around the Jurassic Park gate, must look brilliant from the other side! Definitely one of the most interesting B&M projects in quite some time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 am

This thing is looking great, I'd love to see something similar shoehorned into the Jurassic park section in Orlando.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!