The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GMAN962 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:11 pm

Nevermind.

-Mike
TheBannedKid [9:19pm]: I hope you don't think I'm obsessed with you Chuck. You are just a really cool guy!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RollerC » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Darien Laker wrote:I always thought Corkscrew would be first to go, despite it's pretty corkscrews over the midways (with the fugly 70's supports looming there)

I agree about Wildcat looking out of place, but still, there are quite a few worse coasters than this (ride-wise) at Cedar Point.

You think thats ugly? I think it's art!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby **McFly** » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:26 pm

kraxleRIDAH wrote:It'll be interesting to see how Magic Mountain decides to take down Psyclone. It'd be nice if one of us members happened to be at the park when a giant steel wrecking ball just levels the entire thing within a few seconds --- and taped it all. LOL

I would like to see the park sell tickets for people to take part in burning the ride to the ground!!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:50 pm

^ TPR Bonfire party!! :lmao:
Apollos Chariot #1!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Calvin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:13 pm

RollerC wrote:
Darien Laker wrote:I always thought Corkscrew would be first to go, despite it's pretty corkscrews over the midways (with the fugly 70's supports looming there)

I agree about Wildcat looking out of place, but still, there are quite a few worse coasters than this (ride-wise) at Cedar Point.

You think thats ugly? I think it's art!

Yeah, but the Mona Lisa doesn't climb out from behind her bulletproof glass barrier and beat you up with a police rod.

Things I could see Cedar Point removing:

1) Wildcat. As fun as this is on the midway, it not only looks out of place in Cedar Point, it also has horribly long lines. They should remove this and put something else in its place, perhaps a flat ride (nah, Cedar Point has WAY too many of those, lol).
2) Mean Streak. No surprise. You could put a spinning coaster, a few flats, and some trash cans and/or some food stands.
3) Disaster Transport. Put a dark ride in its place, be creative with the area.

To be honest, I think Cedar Point should take a look at the general flow of its park. Last time I was there (okay, this was seven years ago, so I'm sure it's different), there were entire areas of the park where there were nearly zero people, like back where the Space Spiral is. Is it still like that?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:21 pm

Calvin wrote:Last time I was there (okay, this was seven years ago, so I'm sure it's different), there were entire areas of the park where there were nearly zero people, like back where the Space Spiral is. Is it still like that?

Seven years ago, there was no Troika, maXair, Wicked Twister, Giant Wheel back where the Space Spiral is.

So no, it's not still like that. :)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 pm

It'll be interesting to see how Magic Mountain decides to take down Psyclone. It'd be nice if one of us members happened to be at the park when a giant steel wrecking ball just levels the entire thing within a few seconds --- and taped it all. LOL

I'm guessing it will sit there for a year or two until they are actually ready to build something new on the plot of land (so they can lump the cost of the demolition in with the project budget). Not that I am complaining, but this decision totally reeks of a cost cutting move disguised as an improvement since Psyclone sucks ass.

But hey...as long as that money goes towards Metro and not just adding money to the bottom line, it works for me.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Calvin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:45 pm

kraxleRIDAH wrote:
Calvin wrote:Last time I was there (okay, this was seven years ago, so I'm sure it's different), there were entire areas of the park where there were nearly zero people, like back where the Space Spiral is. Is it still like that?

Seven years ago, there was no Troika, maXair, Wicked Twister, Giant Wheel back where the Space Spiral is.

So no, it's not still like that. :)

Good, then. I remember there being a big, mostly empty games area, and some kiddie rides, and then there were a couple flats (Schwabinchen, pirate ship, and the Swiss Alps one). I'd forgotten they'd put all that stuff back there.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby vedved82491 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 am

Using a wrecking ball on Psyclone would give SFMM a bad image. It's basically a stereotypical way to describe a bad coaster. Just because someone doesn't like it, they want it "torched" or destroyed "wrecking ball style"...if they actually did that, it would definetly scare people away thinking wtf? if it were your favorite coaster coming down, you'd be saying I hope they use plenty of comforters and gently take it apart for another to use. =) oh please.

ok, now that i got that out...

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Coasterboy2 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:11 am

As of my writing now, it is official. (I've seen this on plenty other websites, claiming it's official, so I'll go for that) Psyclone and Flashback are being torn down. So SFMM is out of the race to be the park with the most coasters in the world. I did saw this coming I think.... Now Superman ain't at SFMM anymore, I'm starting to believe that their going for more of a family park. :)

PreviousNext