The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GMAN962 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:31 pm

Thank god I happened to get my Psyclone credit in December. I made it just in time! I think that the death of Psyclone could have had something to do with the Junk yard behind it being cleared out.

Nonetheless, I wanted to ride Flashback!

Anyway, with Psyclone, I'm just glad that I was able to enjoy my rides on them. I thought it was funny in the back seat to see all of the cars in front of you on the turns BASHING AROUND the riders, then riders getting off while we get on saying "They should tear this down!" or "I chipped a nail!" I'll miss the ride, but I'm glad other rides weren't torn down.

-Mike "Maybe I'll be showing up at the ERT in March, but doubt it!" J
TheBannedKid [9:19pm]: I hope you don't think I'm obsessed with you Chuck. You are just a really cool guy!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:33 pm

im sad to see psyclone go.

it was freakin awsome, it gave you a couple aches for a few minutes, but they quickly went away.

It was cool to be able to go from Deja Vu and get right on psyclone.

RIP Psyclone

and screw flashback. :lmao:

You just lost the game

Postby the sound » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:55 pm

This isn't the sort of news you expect:

a) Returning from Holidays
b) from Six Flags

A good idea, for once. And hey! It was in my Busch Gardens Asia Plan! Isn't that ironic...

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:12 pm

Now that CP has room to drop a coaster and keep the redord, maybe they'll get rid of Mean Streak! An Intamin plug-n-play would fit well in that space, and probably with space left over too!

-Justin "Hey, a boy can dream!" Seabaugh
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

I know more about donkeys than women!

just one request

Postby coasterjunkie91350 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:05 pm

can i help knock psyclone down PLZ ?!!!! oh well cant blame me for wanting to help lol

rip psyclone thanks for the rough rides youve given me :cry: :cry: :cry: [/b]
matt the coasterjunkie/ sfmm employee romine

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:06 pm

My take:

Psyclone is done; which is wonderful. It sucked big time. And can people stop calling woodies which the same design clones. Too many factors go into wooden coasters (weather, wear and tear, upkeep) to ever have a true wooden clone.

Whoever said GCI should retrack Psyclone (or any coaster) and put Millennium Flyers on it. Don't hold your breathe on it ever happening. At Rumblefest, the folks at GCI said Millennium Flyers will only go on GCI built coasters. PERIOD.

Flashback - How could anyone seriously but upset that it is leaving SFMM? It hasn't been open in 4 years. Get real people, if they left it SBNO for another 50 years you (and me) still wouldn't get that credit.

On SFMM becoming more family friendly, they could put whatever section they want in there but until they get rid of the riff raff, families will not go there in droves if they don't feel safe.

On Cedar Point's view - I'm sure they will be happy to include "most coasters" on their paraphernalia, but they know that doesn't hold any substantial value to them. With Flashback SBNO it was all a facade anyway. However, I wouldn't expect them to immediately rip out Mean Streak for an Intamin, maybe 5 years from now when Mean Streak is 20 years old. It costs $7.5 Million to build and I believe capital expense are amoritized over 20 years with Cedar Point. Then again, I was not very good in accounting class.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Calvin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:26 pm

CP_RULES wrote:Now that CP has room to drop a coaster and keep the redord, maybe they'll get rid of Mean Streak! An Intamin plug-n-play would fit well in that space, and probably with space left over too!

-Justin "Hey, a boy can dream!" Seabaugh

Haha, I hadn't even realised that, but the moment you said it a soccer announcer in my head screamd, "FIII NAAAA LLYYYYYYY"...

Maybe we should speculate what else Cedar Point could remove.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:35 pm

...or maybe not...

I did atleast get a chance to see z-force operate at six flags over georgia the year before it was removed for Ninja..
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jimmy Yoshi » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:41 pm

Or maybe they could put in a nice floorless. Oh the possibilities!

This is fairly good news for MM. Getting rid of an outdated steel coaster and a woodie that they just didn't care about. And now they're getting what they really need, a family area and a time saving monorail. Good news for sure.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby **McFly** » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:12 pm

This is great news!! I am happy Six Flags is going to put some money into the park. I hope this is a sign of things to come for Magic. I would be happy to see no new coasters for a couple of years if it means cleaning up the park.

PreviousNext