The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Kylis, scottiemon and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Location: stevenson ranch
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Postby arneil_SFMM » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:58 am

matteocrepaldi wrote:Noooo; Psyclone looked so nice. I wish I had the opportunity to get the dredit but now it's too late.




HAHAHHA sorry I just thought that was funny. lol.
I wear pants.

Born when stamps were 2 cents
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Location: Three miles south of nightly fireworks!
Gender: Male
Age: 57

Postby OldJJman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:08 am

What if B&M made wooden coasters?

^ NO!! Look at what they did to Psyclone!!!!


Good riddance to both!!

JJ

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: Flanders
Gender: Male

Postby BDG » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:09 am

Two B&M's less. Flashback was designed by Walter & Claude, while Psyclone ran with B&M manufactured trains.

Flashback was a milestone in roller coaster history.

It featured the first box track design, which was neccesary to construct the (also first) "space curves". Over 1000 coordinates were used to make sure those diving curves were as smooth as possible.
Werner Stengel (who came up with the idea) already proposed it to Schwarzkopf back in the seventies, who found it too difficult to manufacturer and stayed with the tubular backbone.

Another fun fact, the tight Raumkurve (space curve) turns are only 6m (19.7 ft) in diameter and you go through them at a speed of 61 kph (37.9 mph), yet you only have 0.75 lateral G-forces.
A wide, 23m (75.5 ft) diameter Jet Star 3 curve, had 0.9 G.
This spectacular mathematical feat, was the work of Harald Wanner, a very skilled technican, still working at the Stengel bureau.
.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Location: stevenson ranch
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Postby arneil_SFMM » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:20 am

OldJJman wrote:What if B&M made wooden coasters?

^ NO!! Look at what they did to Psyclone!!!!


Good riddance to both!!

JJ



yeah dude B&M made the trains. not the coaster.
I wear pants.

Born when stamps were 2 cents
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Location: Three miles south of nightly fireworks!
Gender: Male
Age: 57

Postby OldJJman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:31 am

arneil_SFMM wrote:yeah dude B&M made the trains. not the coaster.


I know. Those were horrible, heavy, poor articulating trains which contributed heavily to Psyclone's demise.

Trying to bash me, and then immediately changing your avatar to avoid the error of your ignorance?? Get a clue.

JJ

Insert Clever Title Here
User avatar
 
Posts: 619
Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Location: Burlington, New Joisey
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Postby TheArchfiend » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:34 am

matteocrepaldi wrote:Noooo; Psyclone looked so nice.


Jelly Fish look really nice and cool too. But they both hurt like hell!
Jersey Girls rule!!

Aqua Trax Count: 0 :cry:

KidTums' personal piano player
 
Posts: 493
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Gender: Male

Postby wrs28330 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:44 am

Well, not all is lost. At least they can keep the Psyclone trains for Colossus backwards for Fright Fest.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!
User avatar
 
Posts: 394
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Location: between MPG & PHL
Gender: Male
Age: 57

Postby redunzelizer » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:01 am

BDG wrote:Two B&M's less. Flashback was designed by Walter & Claude, while Psyclone ran with B&M manufactured trains.


Not really, Acoording to "The Book", Flashback/Z-Force was designed by Werner Stengel and built by Intamin/Giovanola. Claude & Walter may have well been involved in the process at that time, however nowhere it says that it's a B&M coaster, not even here: http://rcdb.com/id126.htm

BDG wrote:Flashback was a milestone in roller coaster history.

It featured the first box track design, which was neccesary to construct the (also first) "space curves". Over 1000 coordinates were used to make sure those diving curves were as smooth as possible.
Werner Stengel (who came up with the idea) already proposed it to Schwarzkopf back in the seventies, who found it too difficult to manufacturer and stayed with the tubular backbone.

Another fun fact, the tight Raumkurve (space curve) turns are only 6m (19.7 ft) in diameter and you go through them at a speed of 61 kph (37.9 mph), yet you only have 0.75 lateral G-forces.
A wide, 23m (75.5 ft) diameter Jet Star 3 curve, had 0.9 G.
This spectacular mathematical feat, was the work of Harald Wanner, a very skilled technican, still working at the Stengel bureau.


Indeed. Therefor this (along with the accurate technical details you provided) is intentionally quoted here again.

So just in case some of you did not realize yet, I hereby repeat:

"Flashback was a milestone in roller coaster history." :!:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Location: stevenson ranch
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Postby arneil_SFMM » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 am

OldJJman wrote:
arneil_SFMM wrote:yeah dude B&M made the trains. not the coaster.


I know. Those were horrible, heavy, poor articulating trains which contributed heavily to Psyclone's demise.

Trying to bash me, and then immediately changing your avatar to avoid the error of your ignorance?? Get a clue.

JJ


ok...
I wear pants.

What's with the donkeys anyway?
User avatar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Location: socal
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Postby anush10 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:11 am

Tatsu was a really needed GOOD addition to the park. The park had not had one for so long. Tatsu has to be the nicest landscaped ride in the park.

PreviousNext