The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Kylis, lilazndude89 and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:56 am

SoCalJasonland wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
TatsuXtreme wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:Honestly wish Scream was leaving instead, that hunk of junk has injured me much more over the years than GL.

What? How do you manage to get hurt on Scream? It's one of the smoothest rides in the park!

It's not even in the top 10 smoothest rides in the park, head banging, rattle galore. I'm was dumbfounded when I rode Bizarro at Gradv, butter smooth and enjoyable. Not sure where B&M went wrong with this one...

If the train rattles through the track, then that is normally a maintenance issue and not a B&M issue. If you get a shopping cart at the grocery store and the bearings are bad or dirty on one wheel and the whole cart rattles and seizes up when you try to push it straight, you don't blame the ground; you get another cart. I have had many smooth rides on this, so if it was a track issue, the ride would be rough all the time.

many do blame b&m track. it's why b%m rattle is a thing after some years. scream today is one of the worst offenders. is it poor maintenance, track, or wheels, who knows, but scream is definitely not opening day smooth anymore. universal didn't just redo the entire track for the incredible hulk for no reason. :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:13 am

I've never had an issue with Scream. Great Adventure is our home park, we ride Bizarro all the time and the only noticeable difference from my experience is that Scream is offensively ugly. :lol:

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am

SoCalJasonland wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
TatsuXtreme wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:Honestly wish Scream was leaving instead, that hunk of junk has injured me much more over the years than GL.

What? How do you manage to get hurt on Scream? It's one of the smoothest rides in the park!

It's not even in the top 10 smoothest rides in the park, head banging, rattle galore. I'm was dumbfounded when I rode Bizarro at Gradv, butter smooth and enjoyable. Not sure where B&M went wrong with this one...

If the train rattles through the track, then that is normally a maintenance issue and not a B&M issue. If you get a shopping cart at the grocery store and the bearings are bad or dirty on one wheel and the whole cart rattles and seizes up when you try to push it straight, you don't blame the ground; you get another cart. I have had many smooth rides on this, so if it was a track issue, the ride would be rough all the time.

The ride has never been smooth imo, rode it passholder preview day in 2003 and right away noticed it wasn't as smooth as Batman or Riddler (at the time the only other B&Ms I had ridden). It's gotten worse over time and I just refuse to ride it any longer.

On the flipside, I find Riddler to still be smooth after all these years yet many complain it's rough/hurts so go figure.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ryder » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am

Echoing that I've had minor issues with Scream as well. It's not the worst, but it's there. I find the worst element in terms of the rattle is the first loop. The rest of it is not too bad, but it definitely has a bit of a rattle throughout.

Note: I typically sit near the front, so it could be worse in the back. Going into the park today, so maybe I'll try it there and see if things are worse.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Scream is pretty hit or miss for me. Bizarro, on the other hand, is glass smooth. I was shocked when I rode Bizarro; "oh, THIS is what Scream is supposed to be like!"

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:21 pm

pǝʇɹǝʌuı wrote: Bizarro, on the other hand, is glass smooth. I was shocked when I rode Bizarro; "oh, THIS is what Scream is supposed to be like!"

:nina:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:41 pm

coasterlvr wrote:
SoCalJasonland wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
TatsuXtreme wrote:

many do blame b&m track. it's why b%m rattle is a thing after some years. scream today is one of the worst offenders. is it poor maintenance, track, or wheels, who knows, but scream is definitely not opening day smooth anymore. universal didn't just redo the entire track for the incredible hulk for no reason. :)

I personally could live with the rattle if they designed new trains without OTSRs. Revolution went from an F-rated coaster back to an A-rated coaster for me by removing the OTSRs. No one likes to be batted in the neck with a hard foam-padded bar throughout the ride. If the rattle alone killed me, I would have given up on wood coasters long ago.
I love to roam where the wild things are.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby joelwee » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Does anyone know if SFMM is selling 2020 Gold Season Passes yet? Discovery Kingdom is running a flash sale on 2020 passes, but I can only find 2019 passes on SFMM’s website.

EDIT: Never mind, just noticed the park emailed me about their flash sale about a week ago and it got buried in my emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:32 pm

joelwee wrote:Does anyone know if SFMM is selling 2020 Gold Season Passes yet? Discovery Kingdom is running a flash sale on 2020 passes, but I can only find 2019 passes on SFMM’s website.

EDIT: Never mind, just noticed the park emailed me about their flash sale about a week ago and it got buried in my emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bought my food pass earlier.

for any other passholder looking to renew now...

https://sixflags.com/presale?fbclid=IwAR3bL8Z249_VcNZcUZC5iQUcd5LoTmPeVPJk_CjWUYXG--5YZmIXFy67hqg

password: ZOOM2020

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Vital808 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Hey Guys, anyone have any experience with Labor Day Weekend at SFMM? Me and a buddy are thinking about heading there on Sunday and getting FL+ regardless but I may rethink if it's known to be a cluster this weekend... thanks!

PreviousNext