The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Kylis » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 am

Does anyone know the reason X2 has been closed the past few days?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Yubstep101 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:21 am

Kylis wrote:Does anyone know the reason X2 has been closed the past few days?

Yeah, I've been thinking that too. I'm going in a week or so and I'm really hoping it's open. If I'm right, X2 is usually closed in August.
Top 10: 1. Fury 325 2. Steel Vengance 3. El Toro 4. Intimidator 305 5. Lightning Rod 6. Twisted Timbers 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. X2 9. Millennium Force 10. Twisted Colossus

Coaster Count: 243

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Super fun time at Magic Mountain last night. :mike:

I want to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt so much. But why do they keep making it SO HARD?!
9F92300A-5C38-4C2F-BCC0-E7ED6D211967.jpeg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:50 pm

DBru wrote:I want to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt so much. But why do they keep making it SO HARD?!

West Coast Racers, Apocalypse, Slingshot, and Dive Devil were all closed? Wow, they might as well just shut down that whole corner of the park at this point! :lmao:

X2 and Lux Luthor were down when I was there a couple of days ago. I figure they're doing maintenance or something before the weekend hits.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:19 pm

DBru wrote:Super fun time at Magic Mountain last night. :mike:

I want to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt so much. But why do they keep making it SO HARD?!

It's the last couple weeks of summer vacation for a lot of schools. Of course it's gonna be packed! If you go early it's not as bad.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:36 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:
DBru wrote:I want to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt so much. But why do they keep making it SO HARD?!

West Coast Racers, Apocalypse, Slingshot, and Dive Devil were all closed? Wow, they might as well just shut down that whole corner of the park at this point! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:15 pm

Except it wasn’t packed. Goliath was also closed, one train on Scream and Ninja, 2 trains on Twisted Colossus.

Looks like X2 and Lex still weren’t operational today.

It’s not the off season. This isn’t regularly scheduled maintenance. The park’s operations are simply abysmal.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Kylis » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:32 am

DBru wrote:Except it wasn’t packed. Goliath was also closed, one train on Scream and Ninja, 2 trains on Twisted Colossus.

It’s not the off season. This isn’t regularly scheduled maintenance. The park’s operations are simply abysmal.

How do they only run 2 trains on twisted colossus?!?! there is very little chance of any duels that way. As far as Scream, it's usually one train unless it's packed. Goliath was only temporarily closed. Still though, the 2 trains on Twisted Colossus baffles me.

Though I do know before TC was closed for an extended period last week their trains were having trouble registering the lapbars being down (at least 1-2 of the trains were) so maybe they were in for maintenance then and only 2 are ready, who knows.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:33 am

Kylis wrote:How do they only run 2 trains on twisted colossus?!?! there is very little chance of any duels that way.

I've only ever seen that happen a couple of times — even on super dead days. It means that you only potentially get one duel per ride. But dueling is a real crapshoot these days because of the ride's design. Operations are consistently excellent, but the ride itself — combined with the stunning ineptitude of park guests — are working against duels. The park managed it for some time but it just seemed to be a Sisyphean task.

DBru wrote:It’s not the off season. This isn’t regularly scheduled maintenance. The park’s operations are simply abysmal.

I'm not privy to their maintenance schedules, so thanks for the insider info. IMO, summer is the off-season, for enthusiasts at least (miserable weather, miserable crowds etc.) Go to SFMM at this time of year at your own risk. If you must go at this time, I'd recommend weekdays over weeknights, and definitely steer clear of weekends if possible. The real fun begins in just a couple of weeks when the park is regularly quiet, there are no lines to speak of, and everything's running tip-top. That's been the case for the last couple of years.

I was there on Tuesday and they were running two trains on Ninja, Batman, Tatsu, Riddler, Gold Rusher, Yolo (I didn't check Goliath or Revolution). TC was running three trains. Operations were solid and seemed in-line with usual summer crowds, but Viper only had one train running. That ride's usually a walk-on no matter what time of year, so I can see why they might cut back operations a bit there. As a result, there was about a 15-minute wait.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 pm

DBru wrote:Except it wasn’t packed. Goliath was also closed, one train on Scream and Ninja, 2 trains on Twisted Colossus.

with SFMM, i've just learned to accept what's given. it is what it is.

PreviousNext