The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Yes, the coupon books are in. I have seen guests using them around the park.

The film shoot this past weekend was for a few segments for the Six Flags TV system going into parks in the next few years.
They have some great segments all over the park, as well as some fun character segments. Normal park guests were used in most of the filming, which was very well received.

The exterior of Goldrusher's station was repainted, white and another color for accents.

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:40 pm

^ I'd be more excited if they'd give Gold Rusher itself some paint. Still however it is good to see all these general improvements around the park.
--Allen

Banned

Postby PURE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:10 am

^^Wow both very good things to hear. I think one of my favorite things going to the park back in the day as a kid was watching all the bugs bunny cartoons they'd have going on all over the park. Definitely something I'd love to see come back. It really makes the lines for rides go by much quicker!

I gotta get down to the park soon, it's almost been over a month now. :cry:
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:41 am

^^ I still find it funny that you can see Gold Rusher's original track color (red, believe it or not) in the station.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Aaronkv » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 am

I got my season pass processed at the park yesterday, as said before the coupon books are in, they are also giving out one flash pass for when X2 opens up. I was lucky and found a few on the ground around the park. I don't have the book on me right now, but ill post the coupons that are in it when I get home from work if no one gets to it before I do.

Aaron

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shawn_b_c » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:29 am

Me and my sister went on Saturday. It was the first time we had been there in over a year. So, I am just going to comment on what I thought of the whole experience... Sorry no pics..

The whole park seemed much more up-beat I will say. No doubt about that. Customer interaction has been ramped up, and I love it. This is what a theme park is all about! We were the first ones to the gate for parking, and the only sour employee I saw all day was there. Just a reminder everyone, when you talk loudly, even if you are in a ticket booth, people can hear you... :)

We were the first one in the parking lot (a first for us) and rode the tram over to the front gate. It was training day for most everyone in the park, so it was fun to see so many new, and eager, faces - even though it did mean longer wait lines some of the time. The working speakers in the trams are a plus, let me tell you.

At the front gate, while we were waiting, the ticket takers were talking with the audience. It was nice. And let me say, additionally, that the loss of the over-cheery people at opening is a real plus, in my humble opinion.

Throughout the day, the ops were overall, much better. The park was dead all day. And hey Jahan, I got to see you working Goliath! I have never seen anyone check restraints that fast. I wouldhave introduced myself, but I didnt want to get you introuble....

Anyway, the park is definately cleaner. Much better attitudes all around. And hey, I got to go to sky tower for the first time!! I had a good time, and am looking forward to WCB!

Shawn

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Good to hear they have the coupon books. I'll have to get mine when I'm down at the park this weekend. Just wish I had it already so I could get free parking!

When I was there last month it was DEAD. Goliath was doing its "15 passenger minimum" thing. So even though we had to wait a bit to ride it at first (about an hour after park opening), we did stay on for two rides.

Seeing as how this weekend is President's Day weekend, I wonder if it will be any more crowded. I attribute the light crowds last time to the cold weather and potential for rain, this weekend is looking to be a nice one. Should be fun! I just hope Ninja is open, I was really bummed about it being closed last time.
walking in space.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Aaronkv » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:37 pm

^ Ninja was running 2 trains yesterday.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:03 pm

^^ Ninja needs to have the ambient air temperature high enough to operate. If it was a bit cold during your visit, then they won't run it.

^ Ninja has been running two trains for awhile---at least during my visits.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 pm

^ I know. I remember hearing it was something like 55 degrees minimum. It was definately below that for most of the day and seeing how low attendance was, once it did warm up I doubt it would have been worth it to open.

It rained the night before and was forcasted to rain later on, and we know those pouches fill with water, so perhaps that also played a role.

Forecast for this Saturday is Sunny and 70!
walking in space.

PreviousNext