TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Scream is still up and running. I really doubt that the park is closing their star attraction just to save a few bucks - given that the B&M floorless coaster next door is waaaay less popular and requires the same number of people to staff it, and would make much more sense to close in this case. Somebody posted a month or so ago that there was a crane parked next to TC and some guys appeared to be doing track work. I think this is a maintenance-related closure.

Does anyone know why Twisted colossus is not operating on weekdays anymore? Today was my third visit since Sept with the ride closed.

Seems TC is still operational just perhaps at some points M-F it might be down. If you take the time from the parking lot you can watch 5-10 workers with table saws running and impact guns roaring. Also a cherry picker and perhaps a blue crane. Now I'm not a RMC freak so I sure dont know what boards or wood is being replaced but many boards seem to be being replaced. Again take the time from the parking lot to watch them work.

Anyone know when the holiday lights stuff gets turned off?

I was looking to go Wednesday Jan 2 or Thursday Jan 4. I presume crowds would be better than the week between christmas and new years.

Holiday in the park ends December 30th

To add to that, once HITP ends, the park closes at 6:00 PM every night, including weekends - which means most of the restaurants will close early (4:00-5:00) and the rides will be running skeleton crews and one train each. But the park will be a ghost town, so that won't matter that much.

Plus I think the regular Flash Pass is $30 in the lighter periods.

Unless it has changed from earlier this month, X2 is only running one train which leads to a painfully slow and long queue without Flash Pass.

It was still on one train as of Sunday, but it's 3rd train has returned from refurbishment and they are in the process of disassembling the second train. Viper has been testing since last Tuesday and should be opening soon, if it didn't today. Also I heard that Twisted Colossus was only scheduled to be down Mon-Thurday through last week, so it should be back to operating daily.

Does anyone know why Twisted colossus is not operating on weekdays anymore? Today was my third visit since Sept with the ride closed.

There are rumors that it’s a straight budget cut but closing your best ride for staffing seems so unbelievably ridiculous that I feel like I’ll cut them some slack and assume that maybe they’re just doing some refurb or something.

We’re visiting in February and planned to do a day at Magic Mountain, a day at Disney and a few hours at Knott’s before we fly home but only that final day falls on a weekend. If anyone hears anything about this I’d be interested to know since if this becomes a semi permanent thing we’d probably just do the full day at Knott’s and hit Magic Mountain on the day we fly out since it’s a Saturday. I didn’t really want to cram the place into like 3 hours but it’s probably worth it to ride TC.

Yeah, since you've been there before once on the log flume and the rest of the 3 hours on Colossus should be just fine.

Make sure you get on X2 though.

Anyone know when the holiday lights stuff gets turned off?

I was looking to go Wednesday Jan 2 or Thursday Jan 4. I presume crowds would be better than the week between christmas and new years.

Holiday in the park ends December 30th

So the lights turn off too? I dont care about Santa and the food and such, mostly wanted to see the decorations. I know it takes them a month or more to actually bring it all down

Definitely inner. It's still bumpy there, but it's considerably less so.

It really depends on what kind of ride a person is looking for. Some people actually like to be thrown around like a rag doll in the jaws of a pit bull. Not me, but just sayin.