Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby Anac0nda » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:07 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151846647407956&set=a.275868052955.140295.140504222955&type=1&theater

Linnanmäki has just uploaded a new photo to their FB saying: "A hibernating Linnanmäki? Nope! Construction for the next season has already started and you can see the updates in Facebook."

The photo is from where the junior bumper cars used to be (and until 2009 a HUSS Rainbow). It clearly shows a large hole dug in the ground, but if you look close enough, I think I can just make out a square-ish concrete block in the center. My fingers are crossed for a new ride of course, maybe even a drop tower! But we'll have to wait and see. It could also be something other than a ride.
Linzi1.jpg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:29 am

By this bad pic also hard to say if the concrete block is some kind of old foundation as the excavator could also have a jackhammer at its tip.... :?r

Postby Anac0nda » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:59 am

A new update in Facebook:

"Even the strongest winds cannot tip The Pit, so it should be ready next summer! I wonder what will The Pit look like in a few weeks?"

Interesting that they capsized The Pit... But it could also be the project they're calling it. If the concrete mold in the picture is the only one that there's going to be, it really narrows down the possibilities what it will be. Given the narrow space it was clear though that this wasn't going to be a giant ride of any sort - if even a ride at all. Still crossing my fingers for a good drop tower! But Linnanmäki also has to negotiate with the city when building big/tall rides, as they can't have the city's skyline change too much. I've heard that because of this the Space Shot is disguised as a "radio tower" in official documents and that the SkyLoop was planned to three different locations before it was accepted by the city.
L_2.jpg

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:10 am

Interesting, keep us updated please!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:05 am

The foundation doesn't look that deep, so it's hard to make any guesses.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 pm

doesn't look deep enough for a drop tower.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Wow, this park is really getting a variety of new stuff for next summer!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Anac0nda » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:31 am

Another Facebook update by the park:
"One can hardly call it the Pit anymore. We're eagerly waiting for the publishing!"

This is starting to look a LOT like a tower ride. The park already has a Space Shot, a panoramic tower ride and two kiddie towers, so are there any other tower rides than a Star Flyer and a freefall tower? I'm still hoping for the latter, as awesome as AtmosFear at Liseberg, but only time will tell. Maybe it could have a station as awesome as in Tivoli Gardens' Star Flyer? =)

Also I've heard some rumors about the press release being on Valentine's Day.
pit3.jpg

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 am

Hmm, interesting.

Can't wait to go back to our lovely neibourgh country again!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Noporian » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 am

Anac0nda wrote:Another Facebook update by the park:
"One can hardly call it the Pit anymore. We're eagerly waiting for the publishing!"

This is starting to look a LOT like a tower ride. The park already has a Space Shot, a panoramic tower ride and two kiddie towers, so are there any other tower rides than a Star Flyer and a freefall tower? I'm still hoping for the latter, as awesome as AtmosFear at Liseberg, but only time will tell. Maybe it could have a station as awesome as in Tivoli Gardens' Star Flyer? =)

Also I've heard some rumors about the press release being on Valentine's Day.

Why would they build a wooden frame for a tower ride? I think this looks more like a tall control booth.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!