Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby Noporian » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:43 pm

StealthFan wrote:Has there been any updates on the ghost train? Is it even open again yet? I can't say I remember it too well but I do remember the egg ride! I hope that is still there.

-Craig

It's an amazing witch themed ghost train with awesome effects. (wind, back pokers, knacking)

TPR must go there the next scandi trip

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:17 pm

^Back pokers actually built into each car? That's different, can't say I've been on a ghost train with cars that do that I've only experienced drop towers with back pokers. Would deffinetly be interested to try this out if I get a chance, I am a fan off a good ghost train.

-Craog

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Noporian » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:40 am

StealthFan wrote:^Back pokers actually built into each car? That's different, can't say I've been on a ghost train with cars that do that I've only experienced drop towers with back pokers. Would deffinetly be interested to try this out if I get a chance, I am a fan off a good ghost train.

-Craog

The ride is by Gosseto, same guys who made the new Blå Tåget. The wind, back pokers and everything is a nice addition to the ride experience.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 am

Funny thing: just when this thread got bumped back up, I finished my training to operate the new Ghost Train called "Kyöpelinvuoren Hotelli". Kyöpelinvuori is the living place of witches and Hotelli mean Hotel (you guessed it!). There are always 2 people operating with one as operator and one in the platform loading the cars.

The cars hold 4 people with wind effects, backpokes and vibrating seats for every person. The effects nullify the "close my eyes and ears" -manouveur often seen done by the scared because you can't block out the sense of touch! But they do their job and sometimes manage to scare me too :)

What I especially like about the ride are the sounds! The ambience playing in the housed queue and platform as well as inside the ride are very well made, and the same applies to the effects inside. I won't spoil them all but my favourites are a pair of duelling witches battling over the ownership of the hotel as well as two witches bathing in a sauna (adding a Finnish touch =) ).

However I've heard mixed reviews from the GP. Some say it's boring and that there's too much "nothing is happening" -moments, but I think it's also worth mentioning that the queue has been full every single day (that's about 20-30 minutes of waiting, about the average in Linnanmäki). Compared to the old one which had hardly ever ANY queue I'd say this is a successfull investment.
WP_000384.jpg
Sadly I have no pictures of the ride yet, but here's the operating panel.
WP_000380.jpg
We fooled around a bit with the touch screen and discovered a Google Translate-Finnish-version of the main screen. It was hilarious! :D

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Anac0nda wrote:Funny thing: just when this thread got bumped back up, I finished my training to operate the new Ghost Train called "Kyöpelinvuoren Hotelli". Kyöpelinvuori is the living place of witches and Hotelli mean Hotel (you guessed it!). There are always 2 people operating with one as operator and one in the platform loading the cars.

The cars hold 4 people with wind effects, backpokes and vibrating seats for every person. The effects nullify the "close my eyes and ears" -manouveur often seen done by the scared because you can't block out the sense of touch! But they do their job and sometimes manage to scare me too :)

What I especially like about the ride are the sounds! The ambience playing in the housed queue and platform as well as inside the ride are very well made, and the same applies to the effects inside. I won't spoil them all but my favourites are a pair of duelling witches battling over the ownership of the hotel as well as two witches bathing in a sauna (adding a Finnish touch =) ).

However I've heard mixed reviews from the GP. Some say it's boring and that there's too much "nothing is happening" -moments, but I think it's also worth mentioning that the queue has been full every single day (that's about 20-30 minutes of waiting, about the average in Linnanmäki). Compared to the old one which had hardly ever ANY queue I'd say this is a successfull investment.

I look forward to the day when you post pictures of the new Ghost Train. I would like to add them to the Park Index.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Anac0nda » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 pm

You asked for it, you got it Larry! Here's some pics:
WP_000459.jpg
Let's start with a ride sign.
WP_000457.jpg
Here's the new facade. There are two witches on the windows on the roof waving at customers to come in.
WP_000460.jpg
The Monorail runs right by, and two of its supports are made to look like trees. There are also two crows sitting on one of the branches and they can be heard saying some funny Finnish phrases :)
WP_000462.jpg
Here's the queue. The chain was added about a month after the ride opened, as it became clear that the overflow queue had to be directed away from the ticket booths which are located right across the plaza.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:00 pm

:lover: :lover: :lover:

Next year, next year!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Anac0nda » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Here's two pictures more with maintenance lights on (the queue and station area are actually very dark).
WP_000469.jpg
Overview. The inside part of the queue takes about 15 minutes.
WP_000470.jpg
And here's a close-up of a car.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby caffeine_demon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Rode it on the CF trip just a few days ago - great ride and great park!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Looks good--I really liked this ghost train during the 2009 Scandi Trip.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!