Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:22 am

wow, about time too, i guess 2007 is going to be a very fun year, 4 coasters for holland and several other big hits in the rest of the world

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby RayOfLight » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:40 am

Awesome news! I happen to go to Finland every year :D

Kirnu is Butter churn BTW

Butter Churn: the Ride :p

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:28 am

What a weird set of stats! 83 feet high and 465 feet of track and a top speed of 27 MPH? Is it a LIM launched kiddy coaster?

27 mph doesn't sound like a fast enough launch to get 83 feet in the air, either. I can't wait to see more on this just to make sense of those numbers!

Ruler of all Intamin rides

Postby MSLSM » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:51 am

Does anyone els think this coaster will make 2-3 laps like an impulse? This coaster seems too short to give just one lap per a ride, but in that short distance it should give a great ride.

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:13 am

^ DUDE! Is that a guinea pig doing a 'crane kick'?
:wtf:

Oh, BTW, I think the control is similar to the S&S/Arrow method of spin control, but using 'box' track that changes thickness instead of double-paired rails.

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:24 am

I think the reason the speed is so low is because the train is powered continuously rather than having a launch. (Think PeopleMover). The top speed probably occurs when the train dives down, back into the station area.

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:52 am

There is no control over how the cars spin. The track is all the same dimensions.

pvcoasterguy is right, the train will be constantly propelled to the top of the ride, hence the low top-speed.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Split » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:49 am

Here is a newspaper article about the new ride. http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1862 ... kik7kb.jpg

It says that the coaster will have three cars, each holding 8 passengers. There are also some comments from the CEO of the park, he says that they tried to get a taller ride but the city didn't approv. He also reveals that another park in Europe is going the get a same type of ride for 2007.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby RayOfLight » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:54 am

pvcoasterguy wrote:I think the reason the speed is so low is because the train is powered continuously rather than having a launch. (Think PeopleMover). The top speed probably occurs when the train dives down, back into the station area.

If it will look like this, it would explain the lauchspeed compared to height:
http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eas0 ... ster6g.jpg

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:12 pm

There is another article that Coasters and More has done on the Ball coaster. This one is similar to the article posted on page one of this tread which is from the 2006 show. This article is from the 2005 show. Shows some more photos and some future track designs.
Its about in the middle of the page.
http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/eas05/eas1.shtml

Also check out the Alpine coaster at bottom of page. Looks fun.
ball_coaster_track.jpg
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!