TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Linnanmäki, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 9th, 2006 - Linnanmäki to add Intamin Ball Coaster named "Kirnu" in 2007!

March 13th, 2010 - Kirnu completely assembled already!

April 20th, 2010 - Linnanmäki to build two new coasters!

April 23rd, 2010 - Pilotto 'baby aviator' coaster built at Linnanmäki

May 6th, 2010 - Linnanmäki to get heavy metal dinosaur band Hevisaurus

October 5th, 2010 - New Maurer Sohne Skyloop coming to Linnanmäki

February 27th, 2011 - Skyloop construction update posted!

March 27th, 2011 - 'Ukko' Skyloop construction now complete!

May 1st, 2011 - Ukko up close! Ride to open on May 27th!

May 30th, 2012 - Linnanmäki gets its own Angry Birds attraction

The park Ghost Train "Kummitusjuna" is being refurbished

75 meter drop tower announced for 2014

April 9th, 2017 - a look at 2017's new ride

March 24th, 2018 - "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!

Original Post:

RCDB says that Linnanmäki in Finland will be getting an Intamin Ball Coaster for 2007. The coaster will be called Kirnu.

Click

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Volkswagon on a stick! That thing is real?! I thought it was just some freaky concept that RCT3 descided to make. and not make well, if I may say so myself.

what is that site anyway? seems to be all sorts of awsome prototypes Ive never heard of here

Awesome! That will make our 2008 TPR Scandiavian trip that much better!

I don't know about any of that 2007 stuff--but I am so going on the Scandinavian trip!

Erik "first name's Norse,

last name's Danish" Elness

What a weird set of stats! 83 feet high and 465 feet of track and a top speed of 27 MPH? Is it a LIM launched kiddy coaster?

27 mph doesn't sound like a fast enough launch to get 83 feet in the air, either. I can't wait to see more on this just to make sense of those numbers!

There is no control over how the cars spin. The track is all the same dimensions.

pvcoasterguy is right, the train will be constantly propelled to the top of the ride, hence the low top-speed.

Here is a newspaper article about the new ride. http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1862/lintsivuokkik7kb.jpg

It says that the coaster will have three cars, each holding 8 passengers. There are also some comments from the CEO of the park, he says that they tried to get a taller ride but the city didn't approv. He also reveals that another park in Europe is going the get a same type of ride for 2007.

I think the reason the speed is so low is because the train is powered continuously rather than having a launch. (Think PeopleMover). The top speed probably occurs when the train dives down, back into the station area.

If it will look like this, it would explain the lauchspeed compared to height:

http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eas06/ballcoaster6g.jpg

There is another article that Coasters and More has done on the Ball coaster. This one is similar to the article posted on page one of this tread which is from the 2006 show. This article is from the 2005 show. Shows some more photos and some future track designs.

Its about in the middle of the page.

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/eas05/eas1.shtml

Also check out the Alpine coaster at bottom of page. Looks fun.

ball_coaster_track.jpg.3bad31a941078da9e841049530ac1f8e.jpg

Absolute coolness!!!! This my home park, I live only 15 minutes away from it and getting a new rollercoaster straight after getting the new ferris wheel is going to be so cool!!! BTW IMHO this "ball coaster" looks like more like an "evil but awsome spinny thing of hot smooth Intamin death"...

And for those who dont know, Kirnu was a kind of wooden barrel thing used until the early 50's to churn milk into butter.

I dont know how much 3 million euros come out to in dollars but Ozark Wildcat was only 4 million dollars. I think that would be more of a safe choice. But a couple of these posts are correct this looks too much like the frequent faller coaster.