Funniest Ride Experiences

Things that made you laugh
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Funniest Ride Experiences

Postby TatsuXtreme » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:16 am

This is kind of a continually funny thing cause I see it happen at least once a month, but watching people's phones fall in slow motion from the top of the loop on YOLOcoaster!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:43 pm

On Diamondback one idiot tried to hold on to her sandals. I watched them fling upward out of her hands on the first airtime hill.

I rode the Screamin' Eagle and some obnoxious kid behind me kept yelling, "This ride trash! This ride trash!"

Last, but not least, I was in the station for The Boss when I watched piss discreetly leak down a girl's leg and form a large puddle. My wife and I were the only people to notice. That was truly a "Six Flags Day."

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am

yawetag wrote:Don't leave us hanging... did you two go steady?

AWWWW . . . COULD BE! :lol:

You can say I wanted to go steady with her, but I don't think her husband would allow it. We are talking "Beauty and the Beast" here.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kanakoonthecoasters » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm

On Wild West Falls at Warner Bros. Movie World, I shouted "FIST ME DADDY!!" during the big drop. Everyone laughed.

During Bizarro at GAdv this year, I shouted "MIND WYRMMS!"

There was a guy behind me with a really funny scream on Green Lantern.
RIP Six Flags New Orleans, Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, Six Flags AstroWorld, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, Six Flags Holland, Six Flags Belgium

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:12 pm

^ okkkkkkk

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:01 pm

prozach626 wrote:On Diamondback one idiot tried to hold on to her sandals. I watched them fling upward out of her hands on the first airtime hill.

What gets me is when people wear flip flops on X2. On a couple occasions, I've seen flip flops fly off of people's feet as the cars flip over on the first drop.
Seat, don't fail me now!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Kanakoonthecoasters wrote:On Wild West Falls at Warner Bros. Movie World, I shouted "FIST ME DADDY!!" during the big drop. Everyone laughed.

During Bizarro at GAdv this year, I shouted "MIND WYRMMS!"

There was a guy behind me with a really funny scream on Green Lantern.

I don’t get it....

Is any of this suppose to be funny??? Because it’s not.
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kanakoonthecoasters » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:35 am

To me, they were funny. I respect your opinion.
RIP Six Flags New Orleans, Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, Six Flags AstroWorld, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, Six Flags Holland, Six Flags Belgium

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:40 am

Back in June when my family visited Carowinds, my 13-year-old sister finally overcame her fear and took her first ride on Fury 325. This was, by far, the biggest/fastest/longest coaster she had ever ridden. She clenched the clamshell so tightly during the lift hill and first drop, then everything after that she had her hands up the whole time! She then got off and it immediately became her favorite coaster and she wanted to marathon it the rest of the night.

Sometimes seeing someone else enjoy a ride is just as enjoyable for me as enjoying it myself. I was so proud of her for riding it, especially since we're from California and were on vacation there, so she wouldn't get another chance to ride anything like it for a while.

We also had a front row night ride on Copperhead Strike that same day, and it was so much fun. That's her second favorite coaster in the park (and mine too). We love Carowinds now and can't wait to go back.

EDIT: I now realize this is "funniest" ride experiences and not "funnest," but oh well, it's still a fun story to share!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby disownedpear » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 am

Funny how so many of these are mildly dangerous. Honestly, it's fun to see parks that are a little more lax on safety. Not to the point of the ride actually being dangerous, of course. But just enough where you're like, "man, someone could maybe get hurt." Like a log flume. No real restraints, the park's just trusting you to stay seated.

This is why Knoebles will always be my favorite, over Cedar Point or Disney. No other park today captures that feeling as well as Knoebles does.

There was a fair in town recently, they had one of these

The operator wasn't checking restraints, so I held mine as high as it would go(there was a secondary restraint that prevented it from going too far up.) I yanked the hydraulic restraint down right before the ride did a full inversion, while there is a cage it really felt like I was going to fall out.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!