Funniest Ride Experiences

Things that made you laugh
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Funniest Ride Experiences

Postby JJLehto » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:29 pm

On line for Nitro, a friend and I were talking and we were carrying on as would be expected for high school age guys as we were then. These two large, absolutely cliched looking biker dudes, (the leather jackets with patches, skulls, flames, knives, bearded, tats, everything hardcore) turned to us and one said to me, in a normal gentle voice, "Can you please watch the profanity around the kid" and revealed a boy standing in front of him holding his leg.

I felt bad, and bewildered, and chuckling internally all at once
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:43 pm

^ They could also be gay parents too, but you never found that out, right? ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ They could also be gay parents too, but you never found that out, right? ;)

Could've been! Wouldn't have phased me, mostly it was unexpected and funny, and a little embarrassing.
In fairness, while I'm pretty personable and talkative esp at parks, I didn't really think to continue conversing with em after being called out for swearing around a child :lmao:
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm

^ Good call. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BLEO » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:45 pm

I've got two amusing experiences. One was at Canada's Wonderland on Sledge Hammer when a friend of mine was stapled and complained that his balls were hurting the rest of the day.

Another was that while on Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Darien Lake, I saw what looked like a credit card fall out of someone's pocket while upside down. Secure your loose articles, people.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Funny how so many of these are mildly dangerous. Honestly, it's fun to see parks that are a little more lax on safety. Not to the point of the ride actually being dangerous, of course. But just enough where you're like, "man, someone could maybe get hurt." Like a log flume. No real restraints, the park's just trusting you to stay seated.

It's fun having these kinds of experiences with GP friends, though. We experienced riders don't get nearly as scared when things slightly out of the ordinary happen, but my GP friends thought I was going to die on a certain Schwartzkopf double looper. For those not familiar, these rides only have jenky lapbars (the g-forces on the loops keep you in just fine) and there's no real divide between the two seats in the row other than there being two separate lapbars. So imagine sitting behind me, a single rider, having a blast with my arms up when suddenly, as the train banks to the left, I disappear in front of you. Yeah, there was nothing supporting me on the right so I fell straight over into the right-hand seat. The g-forces from the turn pinned me down for a second, but I popped right back up afterward and decided to hold on for the rest of the ride. Of course, I was just fine, but we were on a coaster having a good time and laughing already, so we had a real good laugh when it happened. Me telling the story does not do the moment justice.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Edgar Allan Pooh » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:47 pm

On Hammerhead Shark at SFDK (Zamperla double pendulum), this girl next to me was cussing out her boyfriend the entire time, presumably for making her ride it. It was hilarious. "I'm going to f***ing die!" When we were hanging upside down, she went "oh sh*t" at the top of her lungs the entire time. I can't remember the gory details, unfortunately, but it involved lots of profanity and I think her boyfriend was just laughing.

It was great because it was my first time going on an inverting pendulum, and what she was screaming out loud was what I was thinking. :') I love that sort of ride now, though.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 am

Probably going to be at Disneyland Park, when my boyfriend and I had decided to get a fastpass for Splash Mountain, right before dusk. The boat we got in already had about a half a foot of water floating in the bottom. So due to the extra weight, the rest of the ride we got drenched on every drop. During each lift hill, the water would rush backwards so our feet were completely soaked. :lol:

To top it all off, we got stuck on the longest lift hill with that morbid music that plays near the vulture animatronics, while the water in our car was pooled around our feet. I had never been more miserable on Splash Mountain as I was when we passed the zip-a-dee-lady boat at the end. We were literally wet until we got back to our hotel, since it wasn't warm and sunny anymore. :?r

At the time we were both kinda miserable from being wet and cold, but having a good time on Matterhorn anyway. However looking back onto this experience, we both laugh and wonder why we ever thought to get into that flooded log on Splash Mountain, or ride it at night time in California. :lmao:

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm

I just remembered another funny incident that happened at Disneyland . . . :mickey:

I got on The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror and when the elevator started going up and down, some woman sitting next to me grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go until we were back at the station. I looked her and asked, "Does this mean we can go steady now?" I thought that poor woman was going to die of embarrassment because she thought she was grabbing her husband's hand, but grabbed mine instead.

RECAP
Her - :oops:
Me - :lmao:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby yawetag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:09 am

Don't leave us hanging... did you two go steady?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!