TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

Sorry if this has been posted before, I haven't been here in a LONG time.

What was the funniest thing that happened to you/someone else on a ride?

I was on Revolution at Dorney Park (a swinging pendulum ride) and the person across from me's shoe fell off. It went flying and landed in the lake about 50 feet away. It was hilarious, I'd never actually seen that happen to someone before.

We were flipping over on Wipeout at Dreamworld, where we saw a watch drop down into the water below...I then laughed and yelled "Ha Ha! somebody's watch fell off!"

Then I realised my watch wasn't on my wrist anymore, I had to wait until the park closed (which was only about 5 minutes) for the staff to wade in and get it.

It was a good $20 watch.

A girl that I was sitting next to on Goliath gave her friend her cell phone for safe keeping because she had better pockets. Durring the ride it fell out of her pocket and onto the car ahead of us somehow. Then on one of the airtime hills it flew up and floated right in front of us just out of our reach. Once we bottomed out on the hill it fell right into the lake. Some friend huh?

Once I was getting off Nitro and glanced at the photos on the way out. The four guys in the front row had their shirts off and one had an F painted on his chest, one a U, one a C, and one a K. 'Nuff said.

• Haha 1

I'll always remember this...

When I was waiting in line for my first ride on Tatsu, there was a man who got on and looked totally confident. Then, from the second the seats flipped into position until the first drop, I could hear him screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" over and over again... I wasn't on the ride, but I was laughing my head off from it... and it takes a lot for me to laugh at midnight... About 20 minutes later, I got on Tatsu. Best ride ever... but I could see how some people would be afraid. Flying postion feels really insecure and awkward, for the first few seconds at least.

On one ride on The Voyage, my friend and I were in line for the front row when I noticed a couple in line for the second row were having a disagreement. The husband was trying to coax his wife into riding. He succeeded, and we got in an headed for the lift. I knew I was in trouble when she kept saying OH MY GOD the whole time we were heading to the top.

You know the trademark howling screamer that you hear on large coasters when you are watching them from the ground? Well, try being the person DIRECTLY IN FRONT of one of those screamers. She screamed from the first drop until we hit the final brake run, and BOY WAS IT LOUD! I have never heard someone scream that loudly or that much on a single ride. My friend and I were laughing the whole ride, but my hearing was a bit dampened for a while afterward.

She apologized after the ride, and I just smiled at her. It was hilarious!

I will still never forget when my friend was chewing on a string from his jacket and we rode Tazmanian Devil (Frisbee) at SFMW. On one of the swings, the string flew out of his mouth and floated in front of us twirling around slow-mo...then out of the blue, it took off like a rocket and nailed some girl...seconds later you hear "Ew...someone spit on me!" Good times...lol

Seeing someone drop a handful of tampons into the Wipeout lagoon below (at Dreamworld of course) pretty much tops the "wtf" list of things i've seen at a park.

Ben "damn those things take alotta water!" Roach.

• Confused 1

On my last trip to sfmm, my brother and I were in the back seat of goliath and our friend jeannie was right in front of us. Then this really tall black guy and his girl friend sat in front of her. This guy was wearing a basket ball jersey and didn't have any deodorant on. He has the worst B.O. i have ever smelled. So were started going and he was messing with her, doing things like pushing her and putting her arms around her. He did this all the way up the lift hill. It smelled so bad and it was blowing right in our faces. Jeannie got to the point that she couldn't breath and was covering her nose and mouth. As we were about to drop the worst possible thing happened, he put his arms up. That was probably the worst two or so minuets of our lives, we had his B.O. blowing in our faces the whole time. Then when we saw the picture he was sitting with his girlfriend and we were behind them looking like we were having epileptic fits. They were coming so we darted out the exit and avoided them the whole day. Since then we cant stop laughing every time we think about it.

Not really a RIDE, but a theme park experience regardless...

In 2001, I went to my first HHN at Universal Studios Orlando. I had JUST bought that year's event t-shirt, which had glow in the dark lettering and outline on the back and front. The first haunted house I went in was "Pitch Black" which is basically an (actual) maze with dead ends in the complete darkness. Not like the modern HHN mazes where you can only go one way.

Anyways, I must have been charging that shirt up walking around in the sunlight, because as soon as I stepped into the mass of people trying to find their way through the haunted house, the GLOWING back of my shirt was being grabbed. I could not for the life of me see who was grabbing me, it was definately at least three people. The whole time I thought it was my family, but I dragged three complete strangers ALL the way through the 15 minute or so attraction. They were too shaken to apologize, and I thought it was too funny to say anything.

Ha the funniest thing was when I was on Superman: ROS at SFA and this girl had like a cell phone or camera, and it flew off on the last airtime hill and this girl was flipping out! It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. She had some serious attitude. She was cussing and yelling it was great. I just wanted to be like, "hey it's your fault, your supposed to secure all loose articles."

The Outlaw

Adventureland

4 times round non-stop and no brakes were applied

You can't imagine how quickly that thing flashed through the brake run then went 90 left, rocketed through the staion, 90 left, over the little bunny hops 180 right and then half way up the lifthill before catching the lift chain.

One time when I was on Jokers Jinx at SFA, and this punk in front of me was like "Hey I'm going to be a smart ass and spit in the tunnel". So when he does it goes back and hits his face. When we got off the ride his face had saliva and other gross stuff you can think of that comes from the mouth. We started laughing at him. Well he was being a jerk in the queue line so we were happy to se that happen to him.

I was in line for Medusa and the train was gonig into the ZeroG and someone lost their hat, if i did want to loose my place in line i would have so taken it.

Also when we were walknig back to the guest-drop off area arouund Six Flags Great Adventure, we were watching KingDa ka (you get great views back there) and on the way down when we heard someone scream "Oh my F***ing god" we were cracking up.

• Haha 1

I have had many funny things on Acrophobia at SFOG.

#1. This little girl probably 9 years old is riding. It drops, and we watch from the line. Once it gets to the bottom, it slows down, and about ten feet above the ground, she starts screaming hysterically. (SP?) She will forever be known as late-reaction-girl.

#2. That same day, we came back to Acrophobia, and we are in line, it drops, and slows down, and there is this kid about 10 years old, and he has the most scared look on his face imagineable. He held this face all the way out the exit and until we could not see him. He is known as Scarred-for-life kid.

#3. My friend somehow had the idea to drop his shoe from the top. He ASKED THE RIDE OP. even more strange, he said yes, because there was basically no one in line. so he does it, and it falls. Later he asks again, and still they say yes. We re-ride, and the OP says no more. He did it anyway. And his shoe landed on the roof of a nearby building , but just barely rolled off. Man that would have been funny. He got kicked off the ride after tht.

First post for this site.

I was riding Hypersonic PKD, I put my then film camera in my cargo shorts pocket. The train run the circuit and I got off reaching for my camera, nothing there. I searched the train several times and found nothing. I gave up for I was in the market looking for a new one anyway. While walking away I saw it on the grond at the base of the tower smashed into little bits. I resuced it with a stick thorugh the fence. I thought I had insurance on it and thought I could salavage the film so I took it back to the Camera Shop. Nothing, had to buy a new one so I did. They asked if I wanted insurance on this on so this would not happen again. I did, but the funny part of the story is the are still using my smashed up old camera to get patrons to buy insurance and that was 5 years ago. they just keep it up on a shelf.

the funniest moment for me had to be when me and my friend were about to go on X and these 2 valley girls maybe 13 years old were saying that the ride looks stupid and that its nothing compared to viper! I just laughed and thought to myself are you serious! well anyway after we get off the ride the valley girls were crying and didnt want to get out of the seats for a long time so some employee was trying to comfort them haha.

• Sad 1

I really don't have any funny ride experiences, but one thing I find funny is that I have the most ugly face on every onride picture. On El Toro, Nitro, Medusa, and the Great Nor' Easter (Morey's Piers) it looks like I have a shrunken nose, no cheeks, and it looks like I am about to crap myself.