Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:50 pm

I went up to Presque Isle last Saturday (it was beautiful) and I stopped by the Tom Ridge Weather Center and I took some pictures while I was there.

Some nice shots of the RF2 construction site.

Shots from the Tom Ridge Weather Center tower.

Shots of the Tom Ridge Weather Center.

Some nice shots of Beach 10.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:47 am

I thought this topic was gone! Good thing I looked and didn't start another one! I actually remembered this thing was being built, so I wondered around thrillnetwork and found an update!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsscbell/a ... 007/09/16/

looking pretty sweet, this will definitely be in my top list of anticipated coasters for next year!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:04 pm

Nice update!

This coaster looks really good. I can't wait to see more.
-

Postby coasterbilly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 pm

yeah dude we werent so sure about airtime on this ride but it has an 80 foot drop into some speedy looking bunny hills that might deliver some sweet ejector! Plus the twister stuff looks genuine, this looks like a top notch woodie if you ask me!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby raptor6 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:24 pm

I am driving through Erie, PA on Friday, so I'll make a stop at Waldameer and give a progress report on the coaster's status...in pictures of course. :cool:

Postby coasterbilly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm

dude thats fantastic, the pics I found were good but it'd be cool to see some closer shots and more progress. I really want to try out a GG woodie and this is the closest one to me so that's why I'm more interested!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby LOVE SFKK » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:58 pm

The cost of this thing is 6.5 million i think, so this coaster should be on the size of voyage.

This looks like a great coasters, and it seems like Gravity groups are starting to catch on.

CCI was my fav. coaster maker, and i would love to see gravity groups become the leading supplier of woodies again.

Are Gravity Groups really smooth or do they have that CCI rattle to them?

SFNERules

Postby SFNERules » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm

LOVE SFKK wrote:Are Gravity Groups really smooth or do they have that CCI rattle to them?

Hades and Voyage are both REALLY aggressive, more than any CCIs I have ridden. They are smooth in terms of no jack hammering/potholes (well, Voyage atleast) but they are really physical rides.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:27 pm

It seems to me that what some people call "rough" and what others call "rough" are different things entirely.

To me, "rough" is when the train has nasty, rapid bumps that jar the riders. Texas Giant is a good example. Even on the parts that really aren't doing anything, you get beat up.
Son of Beast is perhaps the worst case of "rough" I've ever experienced. I *HATE* rough coasters. SOB is my least fave woodie of all time. Yes, even below Grizzly at SFGA!

Voyage is rough in a few spots, but mostly it's just aggressive, as the previous post said. "Aggressive" can sometimes feel rough, but it's due to the layout having quick directional changes, lateral Gs, violent airtime, and high-speed cornering. Boardwalk Bullet is certainly all of that! I hear some riders complain that it's "rough" when what they are describing is "aggressive". It throws you around (a lot!) and tosses you into the sides of the train, into your riding partner, into the lap bar, etc etc etc. I *LOVE* aggressive rides. Voyage and Bullet are my #1 and #2 woodies.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby sixflagsguy5 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:14 pm

I couldn't have explained it better.

I'm hoping that this coaster (and Boardwalk Bullet) are a little bit less aggressive with lateral g's, but stay the same with negative and positive g's. I've ridden Hades and Voyage, but haven't ridden Boardwalk Bullet, so it's hard to say whether or not a smaller sized Gravity Group woodie will be less aggressive.

Waldameer really has a nice coaster coming along. They've struggled so much to get this coaster to be built and I hope everything works out for them. I plan on riding this coaster next August.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!