Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Swoosh wrote:Back to topic. where exactly on site is this construction occurring and have they started to work on the bridge that will go across the road? To me, THAT will be the major thing of this construction. I would almost think they would have to build the bridge at night so to not disturb traffic in and out of the state park

It is behind the Pirate Ship, the Sky Ride Station, and Whipout. In the Train turn around area. And down the hill and across the street. And no they have not started on the brige besides some steel driven into the ground.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:11 pm

Oh hell yeah!

I have been waiting for a coaster like this to be so close. Hopefully it will live up to the design and hype.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:13 pm

kidcoaster wrote:It is behind the Pirate Ship, the Sky Ride Station, and Whipout. In the Train turn around area. And down the hill and across the street. And no they have not started on the brige besides some steel driven into the ground.

Thanks, I was having a hard time placing where it was from the photos. I have only been to the park once, and it was sort of an accident that we even "found" it.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:14 pm

larrygator wrote:Thank you for coronating me as the winner of the most useless post. Do I get a trophy? I'm sure the trophy will look great!

Nope, no trophy -- but you do get this nifty button!

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:50 pm

I think Ravine Flyer II is going to be a 300 ft. gigacoaster. You can tell by the footers.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:57 pm

^and here I thought it would be AquatraX :cry:

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Looks great. For a small park like Waldemeer, they must be very proud of that ride. I can't wait to ride it!!

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 am

Hope the bridge don't collapse..

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:49 am

^ Yeah, let's hope it doesn't.

This looks like a really nice coaster, and all of the airtime hills appear to be fairly small, so there should be plenty of airtime. It is great that a small park is building a coaster of this size, and it is nice that this is finally being built since it has been planned for a long time.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:47 am

Well considering I found those pics and sent them to Screamscape this is kinda old news for me, but I must agree with everyone this coaster looks absolutely amazing. It's been so many years now since I've been up to that park and I never really had any intention of going back for Steel Dragon so its great that the park is getting something worth me going there again. I'm going to do everything in my power to either go to media day or opening day for this coaster because I have a feeling its going to be really sweet. I'm just glad Waldameer got everything sorted out and this coaster is finally getting built. Two thumbs up for another Gravity Group in America.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS