Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterLine » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 pm

It might be that the lease nullifies or retains a shelf-life on transfer of property ownership. I know a lot of stuff like leases retain grandfathering, but it might have been in their lease that the property was only leased while current ownership retained the property, or some other clause allowing new ownership to either renew the lease, or boot them. Not really too sure, but sounds like that could be the case.
Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer / Partner
Epic Web Studios LLC.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby therollercoasterblog » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm

I hope Waldameer really does some good things with that land.
It's all about rollercoasters! Check out my blog: http://therollercoasterblog2012.​blogspot.com/

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 am

therollercoasterblog wrote:I hope Waldameer really does some good things with that land.

I'm with you. I liked the park and hope they can do some amazing things with the land they have acquired.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 am

Music Express Update:

As some of you may have noticed, Waldameer has completed the assembly of their Bertazzon Music Express. The ride will be operating for a special season passholder only event Saturday December 22, 2012.

A few things about this ride/new area:
Waldameer has it programmed to the highest/fastest ride program possible (13.5 rpm both directions).
I do not lie on the speed as the operator booth has a gauge that shows the speed changes.
The rather high 52" height requirement comes from the manufacturer when the speed is set that fast.
You will experience some pops of airtime (I sure did).
I personally thought most Music Express rides were just ok, but this one is intense!
The LED lighting package is spectacular.
The LED lighting package to be installed on Scrambler right in front of Music Express will be spectacular as well.
Closing out on the LEDs, there will be an LED-lit fountain in the area (LEDs are just plain cool).
If you have been to Waldameer before, you will notice the area between the Train and Dodgem is completely reconfigured.

Here are some videos:
Ride operating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2ia2S7KEc
Lighting package: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWaIeKVnPy4

P.S.: Initial reports of the retracking performed on Ravine Flyer II indicate a ride as smooth as, if not smoother than, when it opened in 2008. =)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 am

^Thanks for the update. They still plan on operating it even with the snow?

Is this fast speed going to be just for tomorrow or will it run that way next summer? A 52" height limit does not make it a family friendly ride so I wonder how fast does a Musik Express have to go in order to lower the height limit.

Either way this is a fantastic addition to the park.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:29 am

Snow is no barrier. I will be personally operating it tomorrow.

Music Express is being marketed as an intense thrill ride for older kids. The maximum speed will be used through the season unless other circumstances arise. There are three programs, so if we went from the third to the second program, we can use a 48" height requirement like Seabreeze uses for their Bertazzon model. Both Morey's Piers and the former Seaside models operate with the 52" requirement like Waldameer will use.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Neat that they will be operating it so fast! The height requirement does seem a bit high for what I usually think of as a family ride, but I know it's for good cause. Maybe next year I can check it out.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm

That's strange. At Alabama Adventure we operated our Bertazzon Music Express with a 36" accompanied/52" alone requirement.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby OISU8P » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks AJ for the information. I was wondering why this one had a 52" height and that makes sense. I would be curious to see if thy adjust the ride cycle after a season or two if the lines are not as long due to the higher requirement.

Are they planning on keeping the ride assembled all winter or are they winterizing it after today? I nice heavy snow may wreck havoc on the roof.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 am

The ride looks great!

I was wondering why the backs have "high backs" attached to them - I guess they're needed since the ride is running on an intense program? I love these rides!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!