Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:36 am

I cant wait to ride this next year! I cant wait till we can see the new trains too!

^That is Knobels.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:25 pm

I've heard that they decided not to use the 1-bench trains because they don't want to take a chance on anything else going wrong with their plans for this coaster. I don't know if it's official though.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:36 pm

coastercrazed49 wrote:This coaster when its finished will look great. Deffinetly a must ride.

This might be the must useless post ever on TPR. Congrats to you.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Chadley » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:06 pm

I am torn on this one too. I've been thinking about the Texas trip, but this coaster is really grabbing my attention. My wife and I went up near Erie before in '99 on our way to Niagara Falls and Toronto...we may have to think about re-visiting that trip again as a possible family vacation next year.

Ravine Flyer II, CW's new coaster, plus all the credits I didn't get up there in '99.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:10 pm

larrygator wrote:
coastercrazed49 wrote:This coaster when its finished will look great. Deffinetly a must ride.

Was that comment really necessary?

Anyway, I'm so glad that this park is only an hour away from my camp! :b I hope they are using the single bench trains, if they don't, this coaster will probably age badly and be rough and unenjoyable in only a matter of a few years.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kidcoaster » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:34 pm

I am glad I live only a 1/2 hour away.
Ken Jones

CLP will be back!!!

R.I.P. Geauga Lake 1888-2007

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:01 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:
larrygator wrote:

Yes, I think it is necessary to point out to members when they make an unnecessary post. It is one thing to see something that exists and point out that it looks great. It is quite another to speculate how great something will look when it is complete. Commenting on how sketches and designs makes sense but saying an uncompleted rides will look great is USELESS.

For the record, I'm looking forward to riding Ravine Flyer II but will not speculate on the greatness or look of the ride until I ride it.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Idiot.

Postby Swoosh » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:57 pm

larrygator wrote:

and you proceeded to beat it by posting one that was even more useless -- Congrats to you too!

Back to topic. where exactly on site is this construction occurring and have they started to work on the bridge that will go across the road? To me, THAT will be the major thing of this construction. I would almost think they would have to build the bridge at night so to not disturb traffic in and out of the state park

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:53 pm

larrygator wrote:
FeelTheFORCE wrote:
larrygator wrote:

Yes, I think it is necessary to point out to members when they make an unnecessary post. It is one thing to see something that exists and point out that it looks great. It is quite another to speculate how great something will look when it is complete. Commenting on how sketches and designs makes sense but saying an uncompleted rides will look great is USELESS.

For the record, I'm looking forward to riding Ravine Flyer II but will not speculate on the greatness or look of the ride until I ride it.

I'm not one for argueing because it goes nowhere, but I must correct something. Most of us who've been keeping a watchful eye on this project already know what it's going to look like when it's done because a 3D rendering was already posted in another topic related to this coaster. Hence the guy saying it will look even better in real life. ;)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Chadley » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:02 pm

I can see that many are looking at RF2 for it's criss-cross section over the highway, but this ride is going to be seriously twisted in sections. Especially in the second half of the ride it appears RF2 will be making some serious turnarounds.

While it won't be an airtime monster, it looks like it will provide some nice pops of air :airtimer: . And according to the illustration I've been looking at this thing will be a minute and a half long, and hit 57mph. '08 will definently find me visiting Waldameer at some point!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!