Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Tue May 27, 2008 3:51 pm

I agree that the coaster wasn't rough, but it must have been the fact that I was "out of tune" because I was having problems riding it. It felt like my stomach was creeping up into my neck when we went through the turnaround and dropped back down to the bridge. Also my ears were hurting when we were flying through the last two tunnels. I don't think I've ever been through a tunnel that fast before. Finally the S-turn/hill before the 90 degree turn kind of pushed me over the top. I guess because my body expects to immediately bank the other way when we level off, but we dive to the right into the 90 degree turn instead. So I guess if you don't ride rollercoasters often like me, I guess 9 or so trips on the RFII might be your limit. Eh I'm a disgrace to coaster buffs, oh well... :?r

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Fri May 30, 2008 12:31 am

Robb - Thanks again for an incredible filming session. RFII was such a great ride - Waldameer definitely have a winner on their hands. I was hoping I'd get to ride 10 or 15 times if I was lucky - getting to ride it 52 times was just unbelievable! What a treat. Seriously, I would have ridden 52 more times in a heartbeat. The coaster really is that good.

The pics look great - so does the video!

Ryan

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby fergusonat » Fri May 30, 2008 7:34 am

I'm so excited to ride RFII... only a few more weeks to wait!

:b

Those of you who have alread ridden it: is the ending as sluggish as the POV suggests? That has worried me ever since the onride video surfaced
www.BGEscape.com --- Your source for quality info on Busch Gardens Europe

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterLine » Fri May 30, 2008 8:17 am

Put simply: No. The POV makes the ride look a lot slower than it actually feels, the ride is actually pretty fast and doesnt really let up, plus the ending hops give some good airtime.

Along with that, the POV also doesn't do the views justice from the top of the lift, and the top of the turn around hill. The views of the lake are much larger and truely beautiful. One of the best views I've seen on a coaster before.
Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer / Partner
Epic Web Studios LLC.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby supertrooper » Fri May 30, 2008 10:51 am

I think it looks like an excellent ride.

The only thing that bothered me about the video though, is when you zoomed in on Cameron's stomach and said "Something for the ladies". Shouldn't you have said "Something for the ladies and 20% of male TPR viewers" ? ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Hey everyone!

The Ravine Flyer II update from our TPR film shoot has been posted!
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/ph ... 9&pageno=1

It was quite the awesome day filled with a LOT of riding and some TPR fun!

Enjoy the update!

--Robb

Full Fledged Hand Dryer enthusiast

Postby grinch1313 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Great photos and update, Robb! The video made me super excited to ride this on the Behemoth/Ravine Flyer trip in August. I really can't wait. It looks awesome! :br

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm

RF II looks flipping awesome, that facial expression guy looks like he ruptured a nut.

Is it better than Hades?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:13 pm

^ I personally liked it better than Hades, yes.

--Robb

Frissbeking

Postby Frissbeking » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:19 am

I so wish I could have gone to this shoot, it looks like it was a blast. Waldameer is one of the parks I need to get to before I move down to Florida... I'm thinking a weekday in August when they are open until 10 would be best. RFII probably gives crazy night rides.

Thanks for the update, Robb!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!