Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 am

Allmost all rumors says that the big coaster has been pushed back to 2014.
There are some rumors tough that the park might Add a Zamperla Giant Discovery fot the next sesason.
I however don't believe that rumor tough.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby guy smiley » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I meant to add that the 'team lead' mentioned 2014. Makes no difference to me, I'm satisfied with knowing that something is on its way!
After reading around a bit (should have done that before I posted here) it looks like the Intamin rumor may not be true. I asked the kid who was making the coaster and he said the same company that did Excelerator at Knott's. I replied "Intamin"? and he said yeah.

I can only hope..

I hadn't heard the giant discovery rumor, I also doubt that's true. Seems too big for Lagoon.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm

A $25 million mega coaster seems too big for a small park like Lagoon. At most I could see the park getting a Mack launcher like Blue Fire or Manta. Maybe a smaller Intamin installation like a Zacspin or a Prefab could work, but not a mega coaster.

A Giant Discovery sounds more reasonable considering the park worked with Zamperla for their Air Race ride. Plus I hear those rides are actually pretty good.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm

netdvn wrote:A $25 million mega coaster seems too big for a small park like Lagoon.

Why are you labeling Lagoon as small? It's big enough to afford a large capital investment, and the park doesn't seems to make huge installations every year. I think a big investment is a possibility, but I'll wait for an announcement.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:47 am

This 2014 coaster has been in talk since I believe 2006. Here is the most of my knowledge on what it could be.

The talk is this coaster is designed by Dal Freeman personally for Lagoon, as he has worked on many different rides for Lagoon since the late '90s. He helped design Wicked, and designed the family coaster BomBora, which I add pulls some good G's for a family ride.

It will also be manufactured by Lagoon itself, with help from a plant that manufactures parts for Premier. That is what they did with BomBora. Other facts and statistics keep changing with it. Whether it will go over or ride below the 200 ft. mark, or if it will in fact go all the way out to the employee parking lot or not.

Now with the Giant Discovery, I'm holding on to this rumour even though facts point the other direction. No idea if it will be biult or not, just waiting for an official announcement from Lagoon. I hope that won't be a week before it opens, like with Air Race this year.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:59 pm

larrygator wrote:
netdvn wrote:A $25 million mega coaster seems too big for a small park like Lagoon.

Why are you labeling Lagoon as small? It's big enough to afford a large capital investment, and the park doesn't seems to make huge installations every year. I think a big investment is a possibility, but I'll wait for an announcement.

Lagoon IS a small park. The largest coaster there is Wicked which isn't that large. I would put Lagoon in the same category as Silverwood for size. I would really doubt there will be any investment larger than $15 million for a new addition at Lagoon.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm

^Well, for $15 million they could get a coaster like iSpeed.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Actually, I thought Lagoon sat on more than 40 acres. However, it is bigger than Holiday Park was when they built an expensive Intamin.

Just because a park isn't corporately run I don't automatically label it as small. I try to look at the footprint of the park and the surrounding population. At least the park has a nice population base nearby.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm

XYZ wrote:Lagoon IS a small park. The largest coaster there is Wicked which isn't that large. I would put Lagoon in the same category as Silverwood for size. I would really doubt there will be any investment larger than $15 million for a new addition at Lagoon.
I don't know any "Small" Park that is 140 Acres, has 9 Roller Coasters, and has spent over 65 Million Dollars on new rides since 1991. Kennywood would be a better comparison than Silverwood to Lagoon.

Lagoonisfun.com has been receiving information on this 2014 roller coaster since around 2010. Here is the info we have been able to put together....

2014 Lagoon Roller Coaster:
Will be designed by Lagoon's Vice President of Engineering, Dal Freeman.
Lagoon will contract out the Track and Upright Manufacturing to Intermountain Lift, Inc.
The ride will be just over 200ft Tall.
The ride will have at least 1 inversion.

We have also heard Lagoon will be installing one or two small family rides for 2013 before opening the new roller coaster in 2014. Since a "Frisbee" type ride has been on Lagoon's radar since 2004, I would imagine that's still an option after 2014.

- Sid

Postby ernierocker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:34 am

^Thanks for the update. Will be interesting to see what the park will come up with for the new coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!