Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Lagoon - New family coaster for 2011

Postby linearinduction » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:49 am

Bombora will actually be Lagoon's 9th Roller Coaster. ;)

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:52 am

larrygator wrote:so the new one would be the seventh (or eighth, if you include the Wild Mouse ride.)

Strange. I've never heard any question if a Wild Mouse is a coaster or not before.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm

deathbydinn wrote:
larrygator wrote:so the new one would be the seventh (or eighth, if you include the Wild Mouse ride.)

Strange. I've never heard any question if a Wild Mouse is a coaster or not before.

I should have done more research before I said it was the eighth coaster. The direct quote above was from the article in the local paper.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:10 pm

^ Oh, I wasn't question you about it. I knew it was from a newspaper. It just put in your name when I quoted it. ;)

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Postby linearinduction » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 pm

larrygator wrote:
deathbydinn wrote:

I should have done more research before I said it was the eighth coaster. The direct quote above was from the article in the local paper.
Considering the Deseret News recently laid off more than 50% of their work force, their sub standard reporting will continue it's downfall. They even forgot Spider.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 pm

hmmmm...Bombora? and I hear it will have a beach theme. Now where have I heard of that before?
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Postby linearinduction » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:21 pm

montezooma wrote:hmmmm...Bombora? and I hear it will have a beach theme. Now where have I heard of that before?
You should have listened to me! I told you to trademark the slide names! :p At least we now know Lagoon has "ZERO" creativity (Big Shocker) and has to steal their Coaster Names from a Musical and a Competing Water Park. :lmao:

- Sid

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 pm

I find it somewhat odd that Lagoon continues to add these small coasters to the park (not including Wicked). I realize they have to deal with Farmington when they plan something but I thought adding Wicked would be the start of seeing some slightly bigger attractions coming to the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:34 pm

^Looking at satellite images of the park, Lagoon doesn't seem to have much room unless they want to do something like Cliffs or Indiana Beach. Then, you have Lagoon being a family owned park, which limits the amount of capital they have available to spend. If you look at their coaster selection, which is pretty impressive(especially for a family owned park), you'll see a lot of clones. While these aren't appealing from an enthusiast perspective, they are great for business as they are cheaper than custom models, and they get people through the gates. While I think it would be great to see another major coaster get built, I could see a SLC or the rumored X-Car getting built, Lagoon seems to be doing great with what they are doing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm glad this park keeps adding to what already seems to be a decent coaster collection (at least in number; not the worst in quality, either). At this point I'm considering a 2012 visit (especially if rumors come true), although of course I wouldn't refuse a 2011 visit if that happened to work out for me. :)
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!