Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby linearinduction » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:28 pm

JJLehto wrote:Hey I get that. Marching band consumes life, I know I've been there!
It must not be a UT only thing. Both CGA and SFDK were very quiet despite it being a weekend, and a holiday weekend. I was shocked. I hope the good people of UT decide the 7th is not a day worth going to Lagoon so I can have yet another slow day!
In case you weren't aware, Costco has the best price on All Day Passports.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Well full review to come, but it was certainly a nice park and Cannibal was interesting. Good ride, just oh if it wasn't for those trims and if it was a little longer what a knock out it could've been!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:45 pm

^I agree the trims can sometimes hit a little hard, but I have never had an issue with Cannibal's length personally.

Glad to hear you liked the park. I honestly like some of their flat rides more than many of the coasters. Rock-O-Plane, Centennial Screamer, Samurai, and Air Race are all tons of fun.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Yes, nice park. Great "feel" lots of greenery, it was a nice place but unlike many "smaller" parks this has quite a large selection of rides. Not just coasters but yeah many great flats.
Oh the length of Cannibal was no issue just wish it was a bit longer, my only real knock though is just the trims. Deff did hit hard, just a shame it cause ya can notice and oh the epicness of flying around that element at such speed.

That said I was unsure how I'd feel about the ride and was deff fun. Would prob stop again at least for a few hours next time Im out there, either with someone or make sure I plan with enough time for a meet up so I can get Jet StarII
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:16 am

The park is starting to tease their "mysterious construction" on instagram

This is exciting. If it wasn't apparent before, it definitely looks like it's gonna be something big.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:43 pm

Double post, sorry! Because speculation is fun. Kinda...

Here's the Fox 13 video of the new ride.

The biggest takeaway imo is that the ride may not open until 2022, so yeah...it's definitely (still) early for speculation. But Julie Freed, who represents the park in the video, basically confirms that this ride will be interactive, moreso than a normal shooting ride. Judging by what can be seen in the video, it looks like this thing will be absolutely huge and very immersive. At the end of the video, Freed says "It's fun to break records, but we just want a ride that our guests will love." So, as has been speculated already, we're probably not looking at a very intense ride. But if I were to guess, I think we might see some near-Disney-level theming on this thing, which I have absolutely no complaints about.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:59 am

It is nice to see Lagoon finally addressing the new ride. I am not surprised to hear it won't open for a few more years. We all know how many years Cannibal was in development.

Also, Julie runs the Lagoon Instagram page and keeps it very active with lots of interesting stuff constantly. She has done a great job with it and I really suggest following. Now that they have acknowledged the new coaster, maybe small updates will be posted here and there in the coming months (and years).
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:56 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:It is nice to see Lagoon finally addressing the new ride. I am not surprised to hear it won't open for a few more years. We all know how many years Cannibal was in development.

Also, Julie runs the Lagoon Instagram page and keeps it very active with lots of interesting stuff constantly. She has done a great job with it and I really suggest following. Now that they have acknowledged the new coaster, maybe small updates will be posted here and there in the coming months (and years).
It should be further stated that the Freed Family owns Lagoon; Julie being the Director of Special Events, and her Father, Dave, the President and CEO.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Last edited by linearinduction on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:49 pm.
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

I also took away that this ride will be 30% larger than Cannibal (in terms of area). I'm really intrigued to see what this ends up being.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!