Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm

That is awesome. Honestly the one reason I started planning this was the fact there is public transport getting you from the airport to park. I miss public transport!
That sounds great, especially some cable snapping! I am sure I will spend the whole day. Seems like a wonderful park, and having never been to SLC I cant wait to see the city too
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Postby JJLehto » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:02 pm

I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.
Anyone who can/wants to meet up lemme know, otherwise I'll be hoping to marathon (?) Cannibal solo and hoping the famously nice people of Utah will let me tag on for the coasters that dont allow single riders

Also if anyone knows things to do in Salt Lake City, or any hiking nearby, please let me know
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby daveydo5172 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:34 am

Salt Lake City has an EXCELLENT zoo that you should check out. Park City is very close with some great hiking.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:42 am

JJLehto wrote:I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.
Anyone who can/wants to meet up lemme know, otherwise I'll be hoping to marathon (?) Cannibal solo and hoping the famously nice people of Utah will let me tag on for the coasters that dont allow single riders

Also if anyone knows things to do in Salt Lake City, or any hiking nearby, please let me know

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend checking out the Olympic Park in Park City. During the summer, they have zip lines, extreme tubing, ropes courses, free falls, airbag jump, etc. You can buy a one day pass and it includes all of these activities. We did a combined Lagoon and Olympic Park trip two years ago and had a blast.

https://utaholympiclegacy.org/location/utah-olympic-park/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv_HztPeq5AIVBNVkCh27HwuIEAAYAiAAEgKwU_D_BwE
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:23 pm

JJLehto wrote:I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.

I will be up at Roller Coaster the Evening of September 7th. I can probably come up that morning to meet you.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:23 pm

If you'll have a car, take a morning or afternoon to drive the Bonneville Salt Flats to the west of the city. Truly one of the most otherworldly things I've ever done. Nearly two hours of driving in a perfectly straight line, nothing but white to the left and right, pure blue sky, and the black outline of the mountains in Nevada in front. Make sure you turn off to the raceway on the western end. If the weather's been dry you can drive your car onto the salt and have a little fun.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby JJLehto » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:11 pm

Yup, no pressure or obligation, I am always prepared to park it up forever alone, but if anyone will/wants to be at Lagoon Sat Sept 7, I shall be there.

Ooohh....Im a bit of a car guy, the Salt Flats sounds like a damn tempting idea. I never would've thought of that. Since it seems SLC has great public transport, which also can get you from the airport to Lagoon I wasn't planning on having a car, but I may see, since I want to try and get some hiking/seeing in.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Edgar Allan Pooh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:17 pm

I’ve never been to a coaster meetup before, but if I didn’t already have tickets to ComicCon for the 7th I would definitely have considered coming. Hope you have fun; Lagoon is an amazing place! I was there for a few hours today and the crowds weren’t bad at all.

Most of Lagoon’s coasters are fine to do as a single rider. You just can’t sit in the very front or very back of Colossus or Roller Coaster. Cannibal as a single rider is heavenly.

Jet Star 2 doesn’t allow single riders, and neither does the log flume or the rapids ride, so you’ll have to hop on board with a family. The wild mouse doesn’t require anyone to sit next to you, but there has to be someone else in the car. That’s all I can think of right now, but overall Lagoon is pretty easy to do solo if that does end up being your day. It doesn’t cover a large geographical area either so you can crisscross without too much difficulty.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 pm

Really wish I could join you on the 7th as well, but I'm the one that chose to do marching band and our first football game performance is on Saturday. I was at Lagoon today though and like ^ said, there were very mild crowds. I guess people in Utah prefer other activities besides theme parks on Labor Day weekend.

Have fun. It's a nice park. I marathoned Colossus the last hour of operation and it was worth every second.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby JJLehto » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Hey I get that. Marching band consumes life, I know I've been there!
It must not be a UT only thing. Both CGA and SFDK were very quiet despite it being a weekend, and a holiday weekend. I was shocked. I hope the good people of UT decide the 7th is not a day worth going to Lagoon so I can have yet another slow day!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!