Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Since nobody has done so yet, thought I might post this update I found from Coaster Studios on the supposed new coaster at Lagoon - massive land clearing and stuff being stuck into the ground. Thoughts? Personally this is quite intriguing, I didn't know until today that Lagoon's apparently planning a new coaster. Very exciting!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Interesting. I'm pretty new to this whole speculation thing but I looked up the trademark and https://trademarks.justia.com/875/53/primordial-87553502.html boom

I found a thing.

For those that don't follow the link, this is listed under "Statements"
"Entertainment in the nature of an amusement park ride; Entertainment services, namely, providing an amusement park ride in the nature of a roller coaster"

So I guess they really are building a roller coaster called Primordial.

I'm excited for anything new at Lagoon, but the fact that Primordial is on a much bigger plot of land than Cannibal is exciting. Personally I'd love to see another really big coaster. I feel like Cannibal is kinda a black sheep in Lagoon's lineup since it's so much bigger than everything else (except Rocket). I'm not sure that's where this is going, but I'd like it to! It would really balance things out.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:53 am

The current construction area is more than double the size Cannibal takes up, and there's a huge hole in the middle of it. It's exciting to see! I hope Primordial becomes the dark ride/roller coaster hybrid it's been rumored.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:16 pm

RCF wrote: It's exciting to see! I hope Primordial becomes the dark ride/roller coaster hybrid it's been rumored.

If there is a just and loving god then this will be a clone of Karnan from Hansa Park. That thing is life changing.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:20 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
RCF wrote: It's exciting to see! I hope Primordial becomes the dark ride/roller coaster hybrid it's been rumored.

If there is a just and loving god then this will be a clone of Karnan from Hansa Park. That thing is life changing.

I believe Lagoon designs its coasters in house. So I would not expect a clone any time soon
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 pm

I love Lagoon.

I feel bad saying that because I don't want to be the asshole enthusiast that goes "Oh, XXXXX coaster/park in the middle of nowhere that's prohibitively expensive and time consuming to go to is amazing, you've got to go" but Lagoon is awesome. I love that they keep building all of these awesome things even though they've entirely cornered the market and have no competition to speak of for a solid 8 hours in any direction. They could honestly just sit on their a** and do nothing until the end of time and let the place print money but they keep building awesome rides just because they can.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm excited to see how this develops. I would also love to see another large coaster to compliment Cannibal, but I have a feeling it will be the roller coaster / dark ride combo that has been rumored for a few years now.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 31 / Total: 191
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Curiosity and a little bit of obsession led me to read way too much of the LIF Primordial thread than is good for me. Considering this is being done in-house, it's super hard to speculate anything about. Some people want a multi-launch, some want an invert, but the general consensus is that it'll end up being more like a dark-ride-Bombara-hybrid. Logistically speaking, a launcher doesn't seem too plausible, but we can dream, right :b

Speaking of dreaming, I came up with a list of what it might be/what I'd like to see
1. F.L.Y.-type flyer. Designed in-house, mixed with a dark ride, and intense!
2. Lost Coaster Of Superstition Mountain because who wouldn't love a dark ride woodie!
3. Journey to Atlantis-like water coaster. Maybe throw in a loop or two just for fun.

Again, just daydreaming. I'll be happy with whatever!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Lagoon's two dark rides are really good. I'd love to see them make a shooter-coaster hybrid. Unlike Wonder Mountain Guardian, Lagoon has proven they can build rides that track smoothly and don't feel like riding a shopping cart down a cobblestone hill.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Indianapolis Zoo & John Ivers Backyard/Blue Flash

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:13 pm

coasterbill wrote:I love Lagoon.

I feel bad saying that because I don't want to be the asshole enthusiast that goes "Oh, XXXXX coaster/park in the middle of nowhere that's prohibitively expensive and time consuming to go to is amazing, you've got to go" but Lagoon is awesome. I love that they keep building all of these awesome things even though they've entirely cornered the market and have no competition to speak of for a solid 8 hours in any direction. They could honestly just sit on their a** and do nothing until the end of time and let the place print money but they keep building awesome rides just because they can.

Oh damn. This park has been on my radar for some time but this endorsement just boosted the got-to-get-there factor. I have zero interest in SLC beyond this place, but Frontier has cheap flights from Branson to SLC....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!