Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pdon » Mon May 08, 2006 10:40 am

Lagoonperson wrote:It will NOT be an SLC. It has been confirmed several times that it will be designed by Zierer and local contractors will build it. It is supposed to go from Colossus to roller coaster, opening up a new ride area. There will be no SLC in SLC. They learned their lesson after the Bat. :lolr:

I did not mean to imply another Vekoma, moreso to imply another lackluster ride. Again to clear up the statement, the Marketing employee (I do not remember his name) stated that the ride design was done in house, not through Zierer. The trains are to be fabricated from a European company, but the design work was not. Zierer, according to my contact, is not the designer of the ride, but may still provide the trains.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am

Twister II wrote:But Zierer has had no history of building a launch coaster, wouldn't you expect to see at least a little info on a new coaster prototype on their website? Plus, Zierer has only had one coaster over 100ft.

LOL this was a pretty funny read... I guess you don't understand the concept of prototype, do you? :wink:::lol::

Now if only there was a reason for me to even go near Utah.. oh, wait, this will be Lagoon's 8th credit. Damn, I guess I WILL be out there soon enough ::D

Enka rocks

Postby apollo210 » Mon May 08, 2006 6:12 pm

If only I lived in Utah with my friend who moved their last summer. I just hope that it is a good coaster, whatever Lagoon is getting for 2007.
-Stephen
Coaster Count= 28

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Lagoonperson » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:57 pm

New information says that there will be 3 barrel rolls and a video has been made and shown to select people.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Lagoonperson » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:04 am

Breaking news! More information is posted about the 2007 coaster on Screamscape.com This coaster is auctually starting to sound thrilling.

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:32 am

Hmm. Sounds cool. And it will probably be smooth, because Zierers are the smoothest coasters I have ever been on.

I'm sure it will work better than the Intamin Rockets. Because everything works better than those.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:57 pm

The intamin rockets work pretty well once they're broken in. Although they do break down quite a bit in the heat.

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:13 pm

^ True. But their reliabilty factor just isn't up to par in comparison with comparable rides. (Especially on the big rockets like TTD and KK). While I understand that any new technology has its downtime, TTD in its first year was awful.

If you look at a ride like Powder Keg, an S&S coaster with a compressed air launch, there is hardly any downtime at all. None of the infamous "cable snapping" stories.

While the Intamin rocket technology is cool, they need to get the reliability factor up before more parks get the ride. In addition, there are comparable alternatives, and I this is why I believe Gerstlauer's launched coaster is going to be a winner. Gerstlauer used their brains when they designed their launched coaster. They decided to use a fly wheel. But the fly wheel isn't used for the launch; rather to generate the power needed for the LIM's/LSM's that the coaster uses. That'll cut down on necesary power significantly, and is just a great idea.

I'm looking forward to see what Zierer has to offer. While they're not a big manufacturer, they look promising. Their coasters are incredibly smooth, moreso than B&M's even. Hopefully this coaster will deliver, and give Zierer a bigger market share.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Lagoonperson » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:28 pm

It looks like the new coaster could be something like a launched Euro Fighter. The design was made in house they only thing Zierer is doing is cleaning up the design and construction. Zierer calls it a vertical drop coaster. This is just a rumor.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Cheesey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:36 pm

^very possible because it also seems as if the trains will seat 4 across, as on the Gerstlauer vertical drop coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!