Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Based on the troubles with two of their recent used thrill rides, I can't see them going that route again even if it is quite a bit cheaper. Especially an old Huss ride since they are currently having problems with the Frisbee since they can't get a specific part.

I still think they have to be announcing a major addition for 2018 or 2019. With that rapids ride getting shelved, I have to think the park had a decent chunk of change saved up for that addition, so they should have enough for a water park addition (makes the most sense for them) or another roller coaster (what I really want).
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:34 pm

Rai Fox wrote:I'm sure Canobie is quite hesitant about used rides at this point, but just the same, how about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSS-TRI-STAR-AMUSEMENT-PARK-RIDE-carnival-GREAT-CONDITION-/161198002672

Looks like it's the one that used to be at Kennywood and Idlewild, if the description is accurate. Probably far from the most popular ride, and nowhere near new, but I remember loving the Tristar at Riverside park before it became SFNE. I've wanted to find one running again since.

If Troikas can be making a comeback at Cedar Fair parks all over, it's not entirely far-fetched to imagine seeing a Tristar again!

That seems like it would be a WONDERFUL addition at Canobie. It seems very family friendly and it is eye catching to say the least. But I think they would probably want to go with something a bit more new since the last used ride they bought was a bust. But about the Endeavour/Catwoman's Whip. It was a wonderful ride. I thought for sure it was going to make me feel nauseous but I really didn't. It is a very quick ride and you could really feel the forces in your feet. I LOVED the sensation that you got during the ride! It just felt so open and I felt like I was flying. And the lighting package on it was gorgeous. And the line was fairly long for it but the line moved quickly because it is a high capacity ride. They could either get the 24 model where the seats are in a single line or they could get the 48 version with double seats.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 am

This is probably nothing more than a crackpot dream, but I've wanted the park to consider buying Kanonen. It fits under the height limit perfectly (at least if the 80 feet marker is true... I thought it was 75?) and would give them yet another great mid-tier thrill ride.

Of course, I guess an attraction the whole family can enjoy would be better. :kiss:
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:38 am

I too would love Kanonen but think it would be a pipe dream. Then again the park does seem to like buying used rides as we've found out lately.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby skiburkesurfjay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:55 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I too would love Kanonen but think it would be a pipe dream. Then again the park does seem to like buying used rides as we've found out lately.

Last I knew, they actually went over to look at Kanonen. Unfortunately, they didn't purchase it because it wasn't "up to their standards". I have a feeling they'll still add this rapids ride for 2018.
WindexCyanide is love. WindexCyanide is life.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:41 pm

skiburkesurfjay wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:I too would love Kanonen but think it would be a pipe dream. Then again the park does seem to like buying used rides as we've found out lately.

Last I knew, they actually went over to look at Kanonen. Unfortunately, they didn't purchase it because it wasn't "up to their standards". I have a feeling they'll still add this rapids ride for 2018.

As much as I'd like to see a thrilling flat ride, I kind of think you may be right. We don't know for sure that they totally canceled the plan. Perhaps it is just taking a bit longer than expected to get approval from the city to build the ride. I'd certainly love to see a rapids ride. They are my all time favorite water ride and I can never pass one up when I go to a park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Last I heard was that it was the park's decision to delay or cancel the ride over fears of the accident in Dreamworld. I think they pulled it back before the planning meeting even took place.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm

I popped in for the twilight ticket after work. It was much more crowded than my last visit this year but in line with crowds in past year's visits. Got two rides on the Yankee Cannonball. It really is unbelievable just how much of a difference there is between the very back and even the second to back. Got lucky with the very back on my last ride of the night.

I got a photo of the construction site at Equinox's old pad. It looks a little more developed than last time but still not sure what they may be building there.

Still no progress on the Xtreme Frisbee. At this point I can't see it opening this season.
IMG_20170811_195347.jpg
IMG_20170811_175734.jpg

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi I'm trying to visit the park on Friday but the forecast doesn't look too promising. Can anyone tell me if the park is worth visiting in rainy weather? And does anyone know the policy on what rides stay open and close? The park site wasn't real specific.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am

If the park stays open, you will have a great day. Everything should be a walk-on except maybe the Yankee Cannonball which should only be a 2-3 train wait as opposed to the regular 30+ minute wait.

However, the park does sometimes close in rain so either call in advance or check their Facebook page. I was actually considering sneaking over there after work if they stay open because of how light the crowds may be.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!