Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Equinox - AKA Tango - AKA Flipping-around-while-your-privates-are-squashed-into-oblivion 3000.

Hopefully it runs a decent program.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:03 pm

There's a KMG Tango that shows up at my local fair every year. I consider it the most evil flat ride in existence. Yes, it is a great ride, but it is just so uncomfortable I've only ridden twice. You're basically being flung around by your crotch, and the restraints are more to keep you from flying off than to hold you securely in one place. It should be a great ride for Canobie Lake Park, as it gives them a high thrill attraction with a small footprint. I just don't know how much repeat ridership it will recieve.

Here's a video I found of the one at my local fair. Every year, they have a sign out front reading "This ride's computer-controlled movements are so unique that they are patented." I don't know if it's true or not, but I certainly think this must be one of the most intense flat rides out there.

Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 am

A.J. wrote:Equinox - AKA Tango - AKA Flipping-around-while-your-privates-are-squashed-into-oblivion 3000.

Hopefully it runs a decent program.

Canobie is pretty cool about running good programs, so I'm not too worried about that.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:04 am

Cool looking flat that I wasn't familiar with until now. Looks like a pretty solid addition.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 am

The Tango is one of my favorite flats. One of the most disorienting rides around IMO.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 am

rcdude wrote:Every year, they have a sign out front reading "This ride's computer-controlled movements are so unique that they are patented." I don't know if it's true or not, but I certainly think this must be one of the most intense flat rides out there.

Maybe the way the seat assemblies flip is patented. KMG isn't the only manufacturer that uses a big arm with a rotating upper section and a rotating star-shape assembly attached to it. Zamperla uses the same kind of thing for their Power Surge and Shocker rides, though the seat assemblies on those rides flip freely (Power Surge side to side, Shocker forward and backward).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby canobie#1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:10 pm

The ride is up and it has been test running for a few days. It is planned to take flight this friday.

The hot dog was confirmed that it will be back eventually and the dodgems is getting a new queue and sign.
Canobie lake park
Yankee Cannonball- canobie corkscrew- dragon coaster- Untamed
Serving SCREAMS since 1902

LAKE COMPOUNCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:22 pm

What a vile looking contraption...despite the nausea I'm not doubt going to feel, it still looks like a fun ride, even if your boys get beat up...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 pm

As of October 8, 2012:
GREAT NEWS! If all goes well, we are anticipating opening the attraction on Friday, October 12, 2012!
We will keep you posted!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 am

Stand up floorless drop tower or a Tango? Doesn't sound too comfortable but it does look awesome! Maybe riding is mandatory for participating in a sing along version of the MJ Tribute Show? ;)

A pretty good fit for Canobie.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!