Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby ahecht » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:33 am

http://www.canobie.com/equinox.html

We are expecting to have the preparations completed in mid- to late September and are targeting an opening sometime in October (so you can give it a whirl during our fall events!!). We'll keep you posted as things progress.

DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 am

I love that logo/ad for the ride.

Is it only 12 people per cycle? That is pretty bad capacity.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 am

^24. 8 on each arm:

DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Postby Moose » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 am

^Thanks. Not nearly as bad. :) Though I do not think I could stomach this ride, especially after having their yummy Oktoberfest food!

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am

Moose wrote:I love that logo/ad for the ride.

Same.

I've always thought this kind of ride would be plenty fun, and they seem rare, at least in US amusement parks.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

ahecht wrote:^24. 8 on each arm:

I like where they situated the handle bars. Believe it would make the ride feel more open and intense.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby mrceagle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:14 am

News of Canobie's plans has hit the news through the Eagle Tribune. With that I made an Official thread on the Whalom forum with Information above an beyond anything offered by the Tribune or Canobie itself.

Enjoy! http://s6.zetaboards.com/New_Whalom_Park/topic/8835749

This should be an amazing ride for the park. It is a step up in there Thrill ride section.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Canobie Lake Park has sent us their official announcement regarding their latest addition, Equinox, scheduled to open later this year!

Canobie Lake Park is open each weekend during September and October. The Park’s newly acquired EQUINOX ride is also targeted for an October opening to ramp up the thrills planned for this fall.

EQUINOX features a breathtaking flight of almost 75 feet into the air spinning in almost every direction simultaneously. The ride has a trio of arms emanating from a center hub with each arm holding two 4-seat gondolas in an “open-seat” configuration. A huge boom lifts 24 passengers into the sky as they revolve around the center. And then the thrills increase exponentially as the boom holding the arms rotates and each arm in turn begins to flip independently.

“The Equinox combines three different types of revolutions while soaring high through the air,” said Chris Nicoli, Canobie’s Marketing and Entertainment Manager. “It is certainly intense and perfectly complements our other high energy attractions including our newest roller coaster, UNTAMED. If you are truly a thrill seeker, this ride is waiting for you.”

In addition to the new ride, Canobie Lake Park features a range of fall events with something for everyone. The seven-weekend Oktoberfest celebration and this year’s new Autumn Fairgrounds retail area opened on September 15th. The Oktoberfest gala includes a beer garden, traditional German food, music and live entertainment. Canobie’s crowd-pleasing live show, tribute to the music Madonna, also returns this fall.

Beginning September 28th and continuing through October 28th, hours will be extended this year on Saturdays and Sundays with the Park opening at 1PM, giving guests additional time to enjoy some fall fun with everything the Park has to offer. That’s also when SCREEEMFEST adds some fear to the mix haunting Canobie Lake Park each weekend during that time.

There’s plenty to “screeem” about with five haunted houses, including the new “Terror in the Corn” haunted maze in a corn field that Canobie grew on-site just for this event. There will also be Halloween games, zombies and monsters lurking about, and for the youngsters, Canobie’s Kiddieland will be open along with a family-friendly walk through the corn maze on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The one and only MINI KISS tribute band also returns, rocking every night during Screeemfest.

Canobie Lake Park is presenting all their fall events for one, low admission price that includes all haunted houses, operating rides, entrance to Oktoberfest and the Autumn Fairgrounds retail area, live entertainment and more. For Park hours, show schedules, directions and more information about events, visit the Park’s website at canobie.com.
Equinox-Promo_0812.jpg
Equinox2.jpg
Equinox3.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Those restraints look awesome. Way more open and free than the other top scans I've been on.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:29 pm

The restraints look open and free because they're basically a bicycle seat; think "standup floorless." Its a KMG Tango bought from a UK showman - from the experience of actually riding such a ride, I liked it fine but I'll be the first to admit you're probably better off buying a pair of Wrangler jeans before riding this since the inside thigh is gonna be put against that bike seat for awhile and with force.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!