Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby mrceagle » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:19 pm

The stand is a Concrete box with the Styrofoam Sculpture set on top of it. So the hotdog Sculpture can be removed and relocated.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Stitch_101 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:23 pm

^ I hope they relocate it and don't simply tear it down. I love all the RC Tycoon type food stand they have around the park. It's become part of Canobie's charm IMO.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby canobie#1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Nobody believe what lance is saying on screamscape. The ride isn't going to be temp. it is a perminante ride and I actually think that they will pull a skater and move it after the first year.
Canobie lake park
Yankee Cannonball- canobie corkscrew- dragon coaster- Untamed
Serving SCREAMS since 1902

LAKE COMPOUNCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Postby mrceagle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Stitch_101 wrote:^ I hope they relocate it and don't simply tear it down. I love all the RC Tycoon type food stand they have around the park. It's become part of Canobie's charm IMO.

I'm sure it will be relocated. I will try and get info when I go on opening weekend for Screemfest. What I would like to see is it relocated to Kiddie land 2. there is very little food in that area and every option, you have to walk away to use. The RCT like Building would fit well and expand a very small area.
canobie#1 wrote:Nobody believe what lance is saying on screamscape. The ride isn't going to be temp. it is a perminante ride and I actually think that they will pull a skater and move it after the first year.

Like I said before The temp may be location not addition. Most likely it will be a carnival model not a park model.
Last edited by mrceagle on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:10 pm.

Postby burningstroller » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm

It's very difficult to understand the last two posts of this conversation.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 am

burningstroller wrote:It's very difficult to understand the last two posts of this conversation.

Lance at Screamscape had posted that he expected the ride to be a temporary addition just for the halloween season, not a permanent part of the park. I'm not sure where he got that from, no one else had said that, and the park has now confirmed that that isn't the case; it will be staying there after this season. Lance has updated his post at Screamscape to reflect that.

Postby mrceagle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 am

burningstroller wrote:It's very difficult to understand the last two posts of this conversation.

The hard part here is I don't know what you don't understand. but Lets try this
  • The park is adding a new Thrill ride, a KMG Tonga
  • The confirmed location is between the Dodgems/bumper car Building and the Carousel/Carousel building
  • This location once held another ride an SDC Matterhorn
  • The location is Currently a dining area with a giant hot dog themed stand (See photo here))
  • This stand need to be removed, but many want to see it relocated (this is easily done since the hotdog is Simply a shell over a concrete box. the Shell can be set up in a new location)
  • Screeemscape started a rumor that the ride will be temporary and only for the Halloween event.
  • I have pointed out he likely got an e-mail by someone that was confused with the plans. That the ride is a permanent addition to the park but not to that location. the Park has been know the set up a portable ride in one location and relocate it a few years down the line.

I hope this help. I will be happy to answer any questions about the park.

Postby burningstroller » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:51 am

I meant it was hard to understand due to grammar and punctuation.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby sspaz1000 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 pm

burningstroller wrote:I meant it was hard to understand due to grammar and punctuation.

Agreed on that.

But it's nice that Canobie is getting a new ride.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm

sspaz1000 wrote:
burningstroller wrote:I meant it was hard to understand due to grammar and punctuation.

Agreed on that.

But it's nice that Canobie is getting a new ride.

^ Yup.

I love that Canobie is keeping the park going strong with additions, events, upkeep, etc. They do a great job running this park. I think they have a really great selection of flats already, and having another "thrilling" flat to go with the Frisbee is cool... especially since it's an addition that doesn't require too much space.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!