Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby xmichellex » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 pm

^ I usually ride it every year, and sure it can be hit or miss, but it's almost always miss. It was really bad this weekend... just shaking all over the place. I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad, but it was.

It's not that the park doesn't take care of it, because they do, which is why it still runs fairly well... but, the thing is just old and wearing out. Also, the last few times I've been to the park there has been little-to-no wait for it, which says something.

I think it has a few more years left... hopefully Canobie has something brewing for when this thing finally bites the dust. My bf and I were in line for it talking about how it's still such a good-looking coaster (the Arrow track), and how classic it is--it will be a bummer to see it go when it finally does, but I'd rather have something you can re-ride in its place.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby canobie#1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Canobie has decided to keep the corkscrew for a few more years. It isn't because the don't take care of it(which they do) it's just that it is an arrow corkscrew.

The cannonball has been know for amazig air time when the humidity is low. It is one of my favorite coasters that iv'e ever ridden.

Untamed and even the corkscrew have gotten much smoother this year. Maybe you just got a bad ride on untamed because all 40 rides i had on it this year were amazingly smooth.

This october the park will be adding a new Equinox (Tango) thrill flat ride!
It is unknown where it will be located but the construction will start this september!
Canobie lake park
Yankee Cannonball- canobie corkscrew- dragon coaster- Untamed
Serving SCREAMS since 1902

LAKE COMPOUNCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Really? A KMG Tango? O.o That's a pretty wild ride for that park. Would be great to have one in the northeast though!

Postby canobie#1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Yup. It is a quiet ride and it doesn't take up too much room for the park. It will be a great and unnecpected addition.

They have a sound limit so they cant purchase rides that go past the limit.
Canobie lake park

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

That's great, I guess I'll have to make certain I get there this October. That's one flat ride that's till on my "to-ride" list.

Postby canobie#1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Along with the possibility of this new thrill ride they will also be adding "Autum Fair Grounds".

It will be a location in the park where you can buy local new hampshire, homemade things. They will also be keeping Octoberfest and of course the main fall attraction, Screeeemfest.
Canobie lake park

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:34 pm

canobie#1 wrote:Canobie has decided to keep the corkscrew for a few more years. It isn't because the don't take care of it(which they do) it's just that it is an arrow corkscrew.

The cannonball has been know for amazig air time when the humidity is low. It is one of my favorite coasters that iv'e ever ridden.

Untamed and even the corkscrew have gotten much smoother this year. Maybe you just got a bad ride on untamed because all 40 rides i had on it this year were amazingly smooth.

This october the park will be adding a new Equinox (Tango) thrill flat ride!
It is unknown where it will be located but the construction will start this september!

Source?

Postby canobie#1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

There is many new england park forums you can visit. But the park announced this at the Nor' Eastern event that took place at six flags this year.
Canobie lake park

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby mrceagle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 pm

OK lets try to clear this up a bit. it is claimed by 2 regular park visitors that one was told. but he other was shows along with a full Dance hall of Jackson tribute show goes a video announcing a ride for October. She goes on to say the rides name was Equinox. on the Canobie fan forums she then posted a link to a KMG tango which a carnival operate under the same name. another carnival operate a freak out style attraction under the same name.

It is not a production name for any ride.

I know I don't post here often but here is what I know. I asked about a new ride to a owner I talk to regularly and I was simply told you will find out soon enough. this was last Friday. There is no mention on the attraction on facebook, myspace, or twitter. If I felt anything was confirmed I would have updated the Whalom forums with the news

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:33 am

I'd love it if the park added a KMG Tango! Hopefully the park's announcement doesn't disappoint.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!