Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Canobie Lake Park gets an "Untamed" Euro Fighter in 2011

Fri May 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Great news for all! I should be up by the Salem area this weekend, so I'll take a small trip around the outside of the park via the back roads and get a look at the completed coaster. I can only imagine what the views would be actually inside the park...

Oh, and a 75th Birfday Celebration for the Yankee Cannonball? That should be pretty good as well. Hopefully, there's some ERT to compliment the event.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:18 pm

^ Blatch - I did the drive around the back roads next to the park last weekend, and now with all the trees in bloom, it's not that easy to get that good of a look - you can see it, but unless you're gonna get out of the car and walk up to the border of the park you're gonna have a semi blocked view. You can see the coaster peeking out from behind the Cannonball's hill from the parking lot. The best way to see it is definitely from inside! Can't wait to ride it!

Fri May 20, 2011 2:22 pm

You have to do some venturing to get any good shots and your still won't be that close, need a camera with a solid zoom. Might get out there before the opening day but not sure.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 am

From their facebook page.
Attachments
untamedstation.jpg
Lovely station!
untamedstation.jpg (112.94 KiB) Viewed 1742 times

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 am

The station looks amazing. Just wish SFNE would put half this effort into their rides.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 am

Impressive detail. Love the antler chandeliers - antliers?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Here are a few cell phone camera pictures of Untamed that I took today. They are running the cars with dummies. I can't believe how quite this ride is. It also almost completely stops when going through the loop. It's also amazingly compact.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:33 pm

^By any chance were you doing a hand stand when you took those? :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Great station! While plain stations are fine by me, I'm starting to really appreciate well-themed ones.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:08 am

Damn, that actually looks pretty sweet. Might be goin' there later this month, so I'll tell you all how it turned out.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS