Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Canobie Lake Park gets an "Untamed" Euro Fighter in 2011

Postby Blatch » Tue May 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Looks like they're doing a good job with the construction so far. I went over to Salem to check on the progress today. It looked like the Helice at the end of the ride was finished, to go along with the Lift Hill.

I did end up taking some pictures (Right next to the chain-link fence, not inside the park!), but I'm not really interested in posting them, because there was already a full video posted earlier in the thread, not to mention all the photos on Canobie's Facebook page. :Pr
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby mrceagle » Mon May 09, 2011 8:57 am

The coaster was topped off On opening day:

View Images of Untamed's Construction from opening day trip here: http://photos.newwhalom.com/Trip%20Reports/Canobie%20Lake%20Park/CLP-opening2011/Untamed.html

Read the full report here: New_Whalom_Park/canobie opening 2011

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon May 09, 2011 10:10 am

More new pictures from thus past weekend have been posted on Canobie Lake's Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150183558143827&set=a.484367403826.269790.18373183826&type=1&theater
This is taking no time at all.

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and posted the photo so people won't have to jump to see it. Thanks for sharing this with us!
224284_10150183558143827_18373183826_6906659_2041752_n.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon May 09, 2011 10:55 am.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Sorry for the double post, but that went up fast. From Canobie Lake's Facebook.
Canobie.png
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Man, it took months for them to prepare the site and get the station built, and then they put the ride up over a weekend? Must have really efficient connections.

I can't get over how good the station looks - really a step up for Canobie.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Tue May 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:Man, it took months for them to prepare the site and get the station built, and then they put the ride up over a weekend? Must have really efficient connections.

Well... yeah. I remember hearing from somewhere that compact (I.E, Premade Layout) Eurofighters can be put up in as little as 3 days. Even the bigger ones, like Dare Devil Dive, can be put up in just a couple of weeks if the park knows what it's doing. :Pr

Anyway, always exciting when a park puts the final piece of track on a new roller coaster! Hopefully it won't take that long for the park to start testing this bad boy. I can hardly wait...
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Postby mrceagle » Tue May 10, 2011 7:40 pm

It took so long because the weather in NE is not favorable form November to March. The station is the big visual point for the coaster, so it was bound to take a while to build. The coast is also a models that can be operated in a portable format so it's intend to go up quickly.

here are some photos of untamed from opening day:
http://photos.newwhalom.com/Trip%20Reports/Canobie%20Lake%20Park/CLP-opening2011/Untamed.html

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 am

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release about their upcoming season, including the launch of their new Euro Fighter, Untamed.

Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial beginning of summer, and Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire, is ready with plenty of family summer fun in store for the Park’s 109th season. On Thursday, May 26, Canobie begins daily operation with over 85 rides, games, live shows and attractions. Memorial Day Weekend also marks the opening of the Park’s popular water play complex, Castaway Island, weather permitting.

Affordable Family Fun
With one, low admission price that includes all rides, attractions, scheduled shows and Castaway Island, Canobie Lake Park offers an exceptional value for quality, family entertainment that’s close to home. And parking is always free.

Special Discounts
The Park has several special discount event days, beginning with Armed Services Appreciation Days over Memorial Day Weekend when members of our armed forces will be able to purchase Park admission for just $10. Canobie also has special days for Scouts, sports and other teams, seniors, and a Father’s Day special when Dads get free admission and a free lunch. Details about these specials, as well as upcoming availability of discount coupons at partner locations, are available on the Park’s specials web page at canobie.com.

The Canobie Classroom: Educational Programs
With a variety of educational programs and real-world physics demonstrations, Canobie becomes an interactive learning environment that provides teachers with some rather unique tools to reinforce a variety of math and science principles. With hands-on presentations like “Real Science,” Canobie Lake Park provides student groups from all over New England with outings that are both fun and educational.

A Wild, NEW Coaster: UNTAMED!
The final section of track has been installed on Canobie’s newest roller coaster, UNTAMED, and the expected launch date is Saturday, June 11. The coaster takes riders on a wild ride with a first climb of 72 feet into the air, propelling them into a 97 degree drop, loops, banked turns and zero gravity rolls. Let the screaming begin!

A Coaster Birthday Blast
This summer also marks the 75th birthday of Canobie’s Yankee Cannonball, one of the most popular and historic wooden roller coasters in New England. Details about the UNTAMED coaster opening and the Yankee Cannonball birthday celebration will be available on the Park’s website and Facebook page.

LIVE Entertainment: A Summer of SuperStars
People will be thrilled to hear that Canobie Lake Park’s popular, live tribute shows, including the amazing Tribute to Michael, return beginning June 25th and run through Labor Day. The Park’s “Wildlife Encounters” show, where the zoo comes to you, began on May 20th and also continues through Labor Day. Visit canobie.com for details on the complete 2011 live entertainment line-up and schedule.

Look, Up In The Sky!
With some of the best fireworks displays in New England, Canobie Lake Park brings a lot of flash to summer fun starting the July 4th weekend with three nights of spectacular fireworks choreographed to music. But why stop there? The Park has fireworks every Saturday night from July 2nd all the way through September 3rd, weather permitting.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby mrceagle » Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks for posting. I Should be getting an invite to the media event so I look forward to sharing plenty of pics with all of you from this coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!