Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby tndank » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Thanks for the video. That's the part I wanted to do. However, we ultimately decided not to attend this year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm

shoesfather wrote:Shooting a Christmas movie in August is going to be miserably hot. Can't imagine wearing sweaters in mittens in that heat. Also won't the foliage make it obvious that it is summer? I guess it's Hallmark so the details aren't that important.

I was thinking the same thing lol! I guess they will edit out the leaves in post production....

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby megan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:25 am

shoesfather wrote:Shooting a Christmas movie in August is going to be miserably hot. Can't imagine wearing sweaters in mittens in that heat. Also won't the foliage make it obvious that it is summer? I guess it's Hallmark so the details aren't that important.

Yeah, shooting in August for a December release doesn’t sound like we’re talking Oscar contender.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby TEDodd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:51 am

megan wrote:Yeah, shooting in August for a December release doesn’t sound like we’re talking Oscar contender.

Guess you haven't seen the two NBC movies, Coat of Many Colors and Christmas of Many Colors, or A Smoky Mountain Christmas from '86.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:23 am

Wonder how much they will decorate the park

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby megan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 pm

TEDodd wrote:
megan wrote:Yeah, shooting in August for a December release doesn’t sound like we’re talking Oscar contender.

Guess you haven't seen the two NBC movies, Coat of Many Colors and Christmas of Many Colors, or A Smoky Mountain Christmas from '86.

I HAVE seen those - The two on NBC were totally different in that they weren't shot in the park 4 months before they aired. Im not saying it will be bad, but I'm not expecting something EPIC with a 4 month turn around time from principle photography to airing. And best I recall, none of those were "Oscar worthy" not bad, just were what they were.

Postby TEDodd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:37 am

megan wrote:And best I recall, none of those were "Oscar worthy" not bad, just were what they were.

That was my point (sarcastically). None of the holiday stuff Dolly has done is Oscar worthy. So I never would expect such from the current one. Add in the Hallmark name and there was never a question.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby pryonisys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:47 am

megan wrote:

Yeah, shooting in August for a December release doesn’t sound like we’re talking Oscar contender.

Haha, I mean... it is a Hallmark movie so they probably don't care about any of that.
That said my wife always likes watching Hallmark Christmas movies so at least this one will have Dollywood in it

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:04 am

At least it is a cute disposable Hallmark movie and not a OMG He done her wrong I'll get revenge Lifetime movie, or something like that.

Postby TEDodd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 am

djcoastermark wrote:At least it is a cute disposable Hallmark movie and not a OMG He done her wrong I'll get revenge Lifetime movie, or something like that.

↑ this.

LOL

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!