Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 48 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:39 pm

ilrider wrote:
DenDen wrote:Leave it to Dolly to stand up to the big boys. Take that, Six Flags. LOL

LOVE DOLLY!!!!!!!

I like X-Flight's layout better (control tower keyhole and inclined first drop). SF did just fine.

I don't think DenDen meant specifically SFGAm or even X-Flight. He was just saying that even a park like Dollywood, which doesn't often go head-to-head with the "big boys", is upping their game with this coaster.

That's at least how I took his comment. Not a personal attack on your home park.

Am I right Den?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Boomsday 2011 was an amazing show! Huge thanks to Dollywood for rolling out the red carpet to Theme Park Review!
299729_10150315844703566_194340658565_7983633_4113417_n.jpg

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby John Knotts » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 pm

I imagine we'll see the return of the "high terrain versus low terrain" debate that split fans when Tatsu was announced. Put me in the category that likes flying over the trees as opposed to among them. I do agree that at least on paper, the SFGam ride looks more interesting, but I have to say these wing riders as a whole look FAR more interesting and fun than the flying coaster, even though Tatsu is my favorite modern B&M looping coaster up to now.

Wow, how many times did I twist and turn on that one! :lol:

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm so happy for Dollywood. This will be a great addition! Go Dollywood! :)
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm very happy for Dollywood. This coaster is a smart move for the park. I think if the park wasn't already on the map already, it will be with the opening of Wild Eagle.

With that being said, I'm not blown away by the layout. I was envisioning more of a ground-hugging layout with few "above the treeline" moments, along with perhaps a few unique elements. I was hoping there would be some "Iron Butterfly 2.0."

Maybe there will be more themeing elements that weren't included in the concept art. It wouldn't be the first time!

Needless to say, I will be visiting Dollywood at some point in 2012!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 pm

I wouldn't drive there for it but I was already planning to go, so it's a good bonus.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 pm

I gotta agree with others regarding theming. If Dollywood is the only of the 3 wing riders with no keyhole elements, that is really surprising, and disappointing.

However, Dollywood is definitely high on my list for visiting next year. I haven't been for about 10 years.

-RO

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Thank you Robb, Elissa, and TPR for carrying the Wild Eagle announcement in style and grace.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:57 pm

That ride looks short but sweet! The lay is a more traditional B&M layout, I wonder if it will act more like an old school B&M?
Hm, I see...

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Looks like an amazing addition for Dollywood! Can't wait for details on the New Hotness trip! :)

As for the SFGAm vs. Dollywood question, they will be be very different experiences, with different first drops, layouts, locations, themeing, etc. So I think it's very hard to say now which one was the better addition, as they both look stunning!

nathan c stark is a bunghole

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!