Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:24 pm

komasixx wrote:...there are cool looking braces on the outsides of the tracks in that spot

Any chance someone could get an image of the changes to the drop (without breaking the park rules of course)? I'd be interested to see how significant the changes are.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Djwadeknox » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Lightning Rod opened with the park today. 1 train, but only running a max 10 minutes wait. Everything feels about the same speed and comfort wise. The launch does feel just a little less intense, but it ends the same with a wicked amount of steam left at the end. I also noticed the oil pan in the station was no longer there. Maybe they took off the self Oiler when adding the smaller front. Also the big news at the park are the Pumpkin Spice Dots!
C00B439C-9BE0-400F-BF71-55326955BD7B.jpeg
The wait is crazy!
F40AA946-37E4-4B67-924E-8EC8214CB391.jpeg
Huge News
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:26 pm

I’m the closest thing to a Basic White Girl a man can be. I want those dots.

Postby Djwadeknox » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Other news. Mystery Mine closed today. Testing tonight with water dummies. Probably change wheels out due to the colder weather.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:31 pm

It was closed all day yesterday to and tested last night but no water dummies.
Djwadeknox wrote:Other news. Mystery Mine closed today. Testing tonight with water dummies. Probably change wheels out due to the colder weather.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Hopefully those are better than the apple Sunday! Last year the apple Sunday was amazing! They used real Carmel but this year they just use ice cream liquid Carmel. The real carmel apple carmel was much much better last season.. I looked forward to the apple Sunday the most during my trip lol!!!

As for the oiler, someone mentioned they were moved to the back of the train earlier this season. There is something on the back that looks like an oiler. Not sure though
Djwadeknox wrote:Lightning Rod opened with the park today. 1 train, but only running a max 10 minutes wait. Everything feels about the same speed and comfort wise. The launch does feel just a little less intense, but it ends the same with a wicked amount of steam left at the end. I also noticed the oil pan in the station was no longer there. Maybe they took off the self Oiler when adding the smaller front. Also the big news at the park are the Pumpkin Spice Dots!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Postby Djwadeknox » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Mystery Mine is back up and running. Lightning Rod seems to be doing great as well! Only 15 minutes of down time since it opened back up and that was for a protein spill.
D09AA16A-90FE-4C79-8A03-B83E9AD9210E.png

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby middle_keeny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:Mystery Mine is back up and running. Lightning Rod seems to be doing great as well! Only 15 minutes of down time since it opened back up and that was for a protein spill.

I remember while boarding during testing, a guy got off and puked in the garbage can at the top of the steps right in front of where all the techs from RMC, Irvine Ondrey, and DW all standing there watching him. After he was done they all looked at each other gave a look that said, "Mission Accomplished!' It was hilarious to watch.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Heading to Dollywood for Christmas this year!

Any can't miss things in Pigeon Forge? We are spending 2 days at the park and 3 nights at Dreammore. The park is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so looking for things to do on the 24th.

Thanks!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 pm

There are a ton of mountain coasters nearby. My favorite two are the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster and the one at Goats on the Roof. They're open in December, but I'm unsure if they close near Christmas.

I love Hillbilly Golf. Last year they did open in December on a Saturday, but their hours are irregular.

Downtown Gatlinburg is also nice to walk around and you have the Smoky Mountains too.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!