Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 am

coasterbill wrote:So they had a forest, but they wanted to put a theme park land there that looked like it was in a forest, so they clear-cut the entire forest and now they're spending a million dollars on 400 trees and a bunch of shrubs to make it look like a forest even though it already was a forest but they just spent a bunch of money getting rid of the forest so that they could put a forest there.

The original forest wasn't the issue. It was the steep slopes those original trees were on. ADA access and all that. Remember that DW is already getting sued constantly for people tripping over their own feet. Don't need to add anymore steep inclines/stairs to the mix. Plus, this gives them a lot more flexibility with future additions on this side of the park. It will be wooded again soon.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:09 am

Okay, that makes sense. All I've seen are aerial pictures so I don't know much about the terrain there once you get over the hill since it's not really discernible. Like I said, obviously they're doing this for a reason but you have to admit it seems like the strangest thing ever.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:10 am

I love the area!!! Plus the good thing about this is, it satisfies those that always say the kids need something to do with families. Well this is just that. There’s a family coaster for every one, with kid flats in the area. I’ll be focused on the family coaster of course and the theming. I love looking at theming and detail.
Another great thing I was thinking about is, now that they’re ticking off the “kid focused area” next year, 2020 could be the next big coaster? That’s exciting.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TEDodd » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:11 am

coasterbill wrote:I'm just really confused by this tree thing.

They had to level the ground, build infrastructure (power, water, sewer).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby IntraTrax » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:17 am

A Vekoma suspended family coaster is a perfect addition to Dollywood. Considering they are a family-friendly amusement park, it will be perfect for the park. Now the park lineup will be diverse, promoting the park as one of the greatest family-friendly resort, while being the Tennessee capital of thrilling rides, and extreme coasters. I'm pretty sure Dragonflier will be one of the best family coaster in USA.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:21 am

Why are people still talking about the coaster when the park is getting the sheer unimaginable brilliance that is Bears on the Loose?

I know you think I'm joking but it's going to be the best ride in Wildwood Grove and possibly the world depending on if the bear talks and whether or not it has a super-deep Tennessee accent. :lol:

Edit: Oh no, what if the bear tries to teach you about Jesus? Let's be honest, it could happen.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:26 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am

coasterbill wrote:I'm not bashing them or complaining. I'm legitimately thrilled that they're going to have so many trees and clearly they did this for a reason or they wouldn't have done it but can someone enlighten me because... what?

To add to this discussion, they want to tell a story and / or create a certain atmosphere, right? Sometimes, getting to that level of immersion can't be accomplished with existing foliage and / or site conditions. Perhaps they want a to include certain number of tree species that aren't normally native to the area where the park is located. Or, perhaps, the construction that will happen in the area will leave such a huge impact on existing foliage / wildlife that the cheapest and most effective solution is to basically wipe the slate clean and replant.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby neilnky » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:51 am

I wonder if there will be animation for Dragonflier? I think I have watched Orkanen POV's a hundred times lol. Looks like it is 56 seconds from the time you start moving until the time you stop. I just love the idea of zipping around the grove on a dragonfly.

Postby alilstronger » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 pm

So excited for this addition!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby neilnky » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:30 pm

I have been watching as many reviews on YouTube as I can find lol. Is the bear ride actually considered a coaster? If so won’t that mean Dollywood’s coaster count will be up to 11? One video said the s&s steeplechase bear ride is a coaster so was curious what ya’ll experts said!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!