Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:03 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:I'm guessing the previous system was administered completely by Lo-Q/Accesso and they just paid a percentage of sales to the park (that is how I understood Six Flags does it), whereas with this system they take 100% of the profits. I'm curious how it will work out in the long run. Is it cheaper/the same/more expensive for the guest to use the wristband vs the Q-Bot?

I feel if Dollywood offered these bands at the regular ticket window they would make a killing.. they didn't offer one to me and I didn't see any mention of it so I'd imagine you go to the same fastpass location as always.. with this new system, there is no reason they can't offer at the regular ticket window as an add on.. cut out one stop! Just my thoughts on it.. I do dislike the new system though

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:30 pm

mckayj93 wrote:Some Timber Canyon pics! Really opened up the area. Will be a big help with crowds.

This picture you posted is actually a play area.. Today it was full of cast iron Dutch ovens and skillets for kids to play with and make music on.. Not sure if that was it's intended use but that was how it was being used today!! I guess they had the cast iron put up when you took the pic due to the rain.. I wish I got a new picture of it with everything out!! ;( Bummer
thumb_image2_21.jpg
Original Photo Posted by mckayj93

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BigBad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

dstephe9 wrote:I feel if Dollywood offered these bands at the regular ticket window they would make a killing.. they didn't offer one to me and I didn't see any mention of it so I'd imagine you go to the same fastpass location as always.. with this new system, there is no reason they can't offer at the regular ticket window as an add on.. cut out one stop! Just my thoughts on it.. I do dislike the new system though
I feel like they could do a much better system, though. If they want to cap the number of rides, give everyone something like a credit card that employees swipe at the ride gates. Or just do it with a fast lane wristband with no cap on total number of uses.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

BigBad wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:I feel if Dollywood offered these bands at the regular ticket window they would make a killing.. they didn't offer one to me and I didn't see any mention of it so I'd imagine you go to the same fastpass location as always.. with this new system, there is no reason they can't offer at the regular ticket window as an add on.. cut out one stop! Just my thoughts on it.. I do dislike the new system though
I feel like they could do a much better system, though. If they want to cap the number of rides, give everyone something like a credit card that employees swipe at the ride gates. Or just do it with a fast lane wristband with no cap on total number of uses.

I am honestly wondering if this is a temporary system.. I noticed a lot of new industrial "communication" routers in place all around the park.. Similar to WiFi routers (They might be WiFi routers but they can also work on other bands and communication standards).. These are outdoor style routers you would see on college campuses.. All of them might not have been new (but I just now noticed some) but I am wondering if they are trying to install a NFC system or something.. Similar to what Disney has with a wristband that you can control with your mobile phone.. Now this communication infrastructure I saw may have nothing to do with this at all but its an interesting theory.

I do know some of these communication routers are new but they might be, and are probably for POS Systems and other data systems in the park. Just a thought though

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:15 pm

They might be for WiFi, Dollywood Guest Wifi is now an option, which I don't remember last year.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm

LukeFlynn wrote:They might be for WiFi, Dollywood Guest Wifi is now an option, which I don't remember last year.

That's what they are probably for then, I didn't try to access it. I used to install those things so I knew they are used for communication and WiFi is their normal use.. Outdoor Long Range WiFi to be exact.. I'd imagine you are correct, I didn't notice WiFi was available to guest now..

They are all over the park.. On a side note, Dollywood did a good job painting them and hiding them.. If you don't know what they are you would never notice them.. They are square boxes, usually multiple boxes aimed in different directions.. They are placed on sides of buildings.. I wish I took some photos.. haha
Last edited by dstephe9 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm.

Postby STDog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

dstephe9 wrote:Lillian's has had some changes it looks like.. personally I have liked grannies better but Lillian's is also good

What about the revamped Baskstage? Did you check it out? How'd it look?

My crew has always preferred Aunt Grannie's too. After 4 years and over a dozen visits we still haven't made it to Ham & Beans.
Last edited by STDog on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:36 pm.

Postby STDog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 pm

BigBad wrote:The third is that it's only ten rides.

My sentiments exactly.

Just glad you can get a decent number of rides in w/o it.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:39 pm

My thoughts are, that they should get more "electronic" about it, and not this way.
I foresee family members arguing with the ride ops about their "torn tab"
etc. etc. And whether the tabs are valid or not. Chaos ensues.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:41 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:41 pm

STDog wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:Lillian's has had some changes it looks like.. personally I have liked grannies better but Lillian's is also good

What about the revamped Baskstage? Did you check it out? How'd it look?

My crew has always preferred Aunt Grannie's too. After 4 years and over a dozen visits we still haven't made it to Ham & Beans.

The menu actually looked very good for the revamped backstage.. We actually planned to eat there and got sidetracked and when we came back they had about a 30 minute wait.. It had a fresh look and the menu had a fresh food feel to it.. I hope to try it soon.. It was a simple menu and I can't remember all the offerings but they did sound appetizing.. They had a sign beside the menu that said "Table Service Restaurant" and my GF who loves Disney was like THIS MAKES ME WANNA GO TO DISNEY (For those who haven't been to Disney, they call their restaurants "Quick Service" or "Table Service")

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!