Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby thedlr » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:13 am

STDog wrote:
coasterbill wrote:lol I tried. I was hands up through the wave turn but after that the thing just goes bullsh*t nuts

Just know that they weren't an option last year, so it CAN be done.

Haha. Hands up all the way through for me. By the end of the quad down, my jacket was bunched up by my armpits! Amazing coaster.

I'm glad they added that option. I remember guests trying to figure out what to hold onto.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 am

So for food cinnamon bread is same as always.. the Japanese festival of Nations food has gone down hill and way up in price though.. pizza now is just bland :( other than that, everything is great so far

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 am

Coasterbill, your thoughts echo mine. I couldn't believe it myself after I rode it, thinking "wtf just happened" once we hit the brakes. I await the day it gets pushed to the "overrated" section, but for now, it's worth all the hype it's gotten.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 am

dstephe9 wrote: the Japanese festival of Nations food has gone down hill and way up in price though

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that.

The egg rolls are actually decent, not mind blowing, but good enough for the price. The chicken concoction that they describe as "teriyaki" is another story, mine was so dry it was like eating a paper towel. You watch them fix it and it doesn't look half bad, then you realize they just give you stuff that's been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour. The rice doesn't even taste oriental, it's like Mexican rice with some soy sauce in it.

I would also recommend avoiding the crepes, they aren't made fresh, even though they lead you to believe that.

I'm considering trying the FON Tacos, they looked decent in the pictures, anyone have experience?

I think it would be cool if they had people from the respective country who actually know what the food is supposed to be like prepare the stuff.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:35 am

Great trip report as always! Glad to see Lightning Rod is up consistently enough for you and several others to get on it. Looking forward to trying it out myself in May.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am

LukeFlynn wrote:
dstephe9 wrote: the Japanese festival of Nations food has gone down hill and way up in price though

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that.

The egg rolls are actually decent, not mind blowing, but good enough for the price. The chicken concoction that they describe as "teriyaki" is another story, mine was so dry it was like eating a paper towel. You watch them fix it and it doesn't look half bad, then you realize they just give you stuff that's been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour. The rice doesn't even taste oriental, it's like Mexican rice with some soy sauce in it.

I would also recommend avoiding the crepes, they aren't made fresh, even though they lead you to believe that.

I'm considering trying the FON Tacos, they looked decent in the pictures, anyone have experience?

I think it would be cool if they had people from the respective country who actually know what the food is supposed to be like prepare the stuff.

I saw this post to late.. Crepes are bad.. last year the Asian food was good and was only $6.. yeah it was in a smaller bowl but this year for $10 it's mostly rice on a plate. It still felt like the same amount in the bowl with a little more rice

Also the hotdog man is beside the hotdog stand in wilderness pass.. they put him on the hill behind it, you just can't see the stand in the photo lol

Postby LukeFlynn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:14 pm

I didn't personally try the hot dogs this year, but I heard they were pretty bad. I also heard the stand doesn't provide mustard!? What is this!?

I liked the corn dogs okay last year at Dogs 'n Taters, haven't gotten a chance to try them this year yet.

I'm going to try a sit-down restaurant my next visit to see if that's a better experience than the stands.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:17 pm

I hope they bring the Mac N' Cheese stand back this year. If I was there for a quick visit, I would either get that or the Chicken Sandwich in the food truck.

Postby LukeFlynn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Anyone have experience at Red's they'd care to share? I stopped in on Friday, the burgers looked decent, but Dollywood has proved looks do not count for anything this year.

Also, does anyone have a preference for Aunt Grannie's or Miss Lillians?

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:48 pm

LukeFlynn wrote:Anyone have experience at Red's they'd care to share? I stopped in on Friday, the burgers looked decent, but Dollywood has proved looks do not count for anything this year.

Also, does anyone have a preference for Aunt Grannie's or Miss Lillians?

I didn't try Reds this year but I have always enjoyed them in the past. Typical theme park burgers though, so don't expect five guys or Johnny Rockets.. but good flavor and nice fixens bar

Lillian's has had some changes it looks like.. personally I have liked grannies better but Lillian's is also good

Last edited by dstephe9 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:08 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!