TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Hey as long as it's running, whatever [emoji38]

True! I haven't heard of it going down since the extended downtime all summer.

Yeah same here. No idea why they took the front off unless they saw it was about to cause issues or something haha. I've been to the park a lot and it's ran pretty much everyday, after the extended downtime, with the front until now

But hey! It's still running and that's the good news!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Here’s what LR’s trains now look like. He said front row now seems more intense where you get that open view of everything

Or just ride it at night. It's like being in a wicked outer space battle with a heroin addict at the wheel. You can't see ANYTHING after the launch.

Making my third Christmas visit to Dollywood the week of the 17th and wondering how crowds will be midweek. The two Christmas visits I've made previously were pretty dead, but they were much earlier on in the holiday season.

I expect the shows will be busier than the rides, but any other advice would be appreciated.

I was there mid-week last week and the park was very dead. B lot, which is very small was full and c lot was only 5 - 10% full. It did pick up a little before dark and around dark, mostly locals looking at the lights.

Dolly's brother Floyd Parton has died.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/12/10/dolly-parton-brother-floyd-dead-obituary/2273088002/

Floyd Estel Parton, 61, of Sevierville, died Dec. 6, his family reported.

"Dolly, and the entire Parton Family, wish to thank everyone for their kindness," the family said in a statement Tuesday. "Yesterday, we laid our sweet baby brother to rest. We all sang his lovely song, 'Rocking Years,' together as a family at the service to say goodbye to him. He lived a short life of love and beautiful songs. Friends, fans and family may make a donation in his honor to the My People Senior Activity Center in Sevierville, Tennessee."

Tennessee had some earthquakes last night. It didn't seem like anything major (apart from people's photos being rattled off of their desks and nightstands), but Dollywood was in the affected zone. According to the USGS, Pigeon Forge felt the equivalent of a magnitude 2.5 (out of 10).

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/se60247871/executive

https://apnews.com/7d15bfe851284a90a80cc0699f359745

So on the SDC website it says SDC passholders get half-off Dollywood tickets. That was part of what led me to buy a SDC pass earlier this year. Well my pass was stolen a while back and I haven't had it replaced, but I have my passholder number on the SDC app. Do I need to get a replacement pass from SDC first or is the passholder number enough? How should I go about getting the half-off Dollywood tickets or is it a lost cause because I waited too long?

I don't even see anywhere on the ticket purchasing website that gives the opportunity to purchase half-off tickets for SDC passholders. Is this something that happens at the front gate?

So on the SDC website it says SDC passholders get half-off Dollywood tickets. That was part of what led me to buy a SDC pass earlier this year. Well my pass was stolen a while back and I haven't had it replaced, but I have my passholder number on the SDC app. Do I need to get a replacement pass from SDC first or is the passholder number enough? How should I go about getting the half-off Dollywood tickets or is it a lost cause because I waited too long?

I don't even see anywhere on the ticket purchasing website that gives the opportunity to purchase half-off tickets for SDC passholders. Is this something that happens at the front gate?

Honestly, Dollywood is pretty old-school on reciprocal agreements, even within their own brands, and normally must see the actual card or ID. Like mentioned, if suggest calling

One thing to mention about Dollywood and reciprocal agreements is that you normally need the card at time of ticket purchase and when entering the park at the gate. A lot of employers around here have these agreements and Dollywood needs to see your employee ID when entering and when buying the ticket (or paystub or whatever they need as proof)

Edited by dstephe9

^Thanks for the heads up guys. I called and it does sound like they would prefer the physical card, but SDC said that Dollywood might possibly be able to call them and they could confirm my pass over the phone as long as I have a photo ID. The customer service lady at Dollywood said that might work, wasn't very confident, but if so I should go to Guest Services because they wouldn't be able to do it at the ticket counter. Worth a try at least.

Also, the age-old question.... is Lightning Rod open?

^Thanks for the heads up guys. I called and it does sound like they would prefer the physical card, but SDC said that Dollywood might possibly be able to call them and they could confirm my pass over the phone as long as I have a photo ID. The customer service lady at Dollywood said that might work, wasn't very confident, but if so I should go to Guest Services because they wouldn't be able to do it at the ticket counter. Worth a try at least.

Also, the age-old question.... is Lightning Rod open? [emoji38]

My biggest concern is actually getting in the gate without your SDC pass, even if you get a ticket from the ticket window.. like I said, they mark the tickets as discounted and the gate will ask again for the SDC pass (or employee ID if you get a discount for work, or Ripley's pass, basically, whatever you use for the discount). I guess it prevents people from buying discounted tickets and reselling them. This is how it worked last year anyways with a friend who used a zoo pass for a discount. And then the year before with a friend who used his Denso ID (large employer in the area that gets discounts)

I mean, I'm sure guest services will clear it up and tell them to let you through, especially if they sold you the ticket haha. Just something to keep in mind though

Customer service is hit and miss at Dollywood with the employees but guest services is great so they should make it right

And LR is very open, especially the front seat! Hahaha

Amazingly, yes

I'm not gonna believe it until I see it!

Also, the age-old question.... is Lightning Rod open? [emoji38]

My biggest concern is actually getting in the gate without your SDC pass, even if you get a ticket from the ticket window.. like I said, they mark the tickets as discounted and the gate will ask again for the SDC pass (or employee ID if you get a discount for work, or Ripley's pass, basically, whatever you use for the discount). I guess it prevents people from buying discounted tickets and reselling them. This is how it worked last year anyways with a friend who used a zoo pass for a discount. And then the year before with a friend who used his Denso ID (large employer in the area that gets discounts)

I mean, I'm sure guest services will clear it up and tell them to let you through, especially if they sold you the ticket haha. Just something to keep in mind though

Customer service is hit and miss at Dollywood with the employees but guest services is great so they should make it right

And LR is very open, especially the front seat! Hahaha

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure Guest Services wouldn't sell me a ticket and the park not let me in but good to know that it might be difficult. I guess we'll see, I'll pay full price if I have to but the discount would be great.

Anyway, is there going to be anyone else there today that wants to hang out since my friends are bailing today?