Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Sea World San Diego coaster announced for 2012

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 am

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:4Gs on a "family coaster"?

For an additional $30 a month of course...

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 am

I'm saying that's a bit high for a coaster being marketed as family friendly. To compare with another coaster, Millenium Force pulls 4.5 Gs at the bottom of the first drop.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:44 am

^ Hahaha...This "family" coaster will probably have more airtime than any other ride in California. :Pr

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:44 am

I have updated the first post of this thread with the real press release and a video from the park.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:48 am

WOW, that looks awesome.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 am

The little bunny hops, turns, and stuff on the ride look fun. I can't believe this is the year that they end up getting a new ride. I've lived in San Diego all my life and I'm moving to College in September.... darn. I guess I'll have to go to Seaworld when I visit home next year.

If the theming will be detailed like Shipwreck Rapids or what's in the concept art, I'm really excited.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 am

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:I'm saying that's a bit high for a coaster being marketed as family friendly. To compare with another coaster, Millenium Force pulls 4.5 Gs at the bottom of the first drop.

No, it's really not. I just pulled about 3.5 g's of acceleration when I coughed. Seriously.

If I put any amount of thought into it at all, I could probably give you the names of about 50 "family friendly" coasters that pull 4 g's momentarily at some point in their circuit. That's technically good enough to mention in the press release. :wink:

As for the description and artwork, I LOVE it.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:07 am

This is pretty cool news! Even though it's small, it looks like a really fun layout... I think families are going to love this!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am

Exciting news! Sounds like maybe I should save my comprehensive SoCal trip until next year, although I'd really like to hit Belmont this year just in case it's still in jeopardy.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:35 am

^Just throwing it out there...looking like a TPR California Trip is in the works for 2012!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS