SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 126: Mako, floorless dive coaster announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/blog/2012/12/seaworld-san-antonio-and-aquatica-name.html

Sharon Aguillen has been named vice president of entertainment for the SeaWorld and Aquatica parks in San Antonio.

Aguillen has been with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment since 1996. She began as a theater services technician at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia and was later promoted to stage manager, production assistant, production supervisor and finally production manager.

In 2007, Aguillen transferred to San Antonio to serve as director of show production for the Alamo City marine life theme park. She has since been instrumental in developing a variety of entertainment products for the San Antonio park including “Sesame Street Bay of Play,” as well as new shows such as “Azul,” “One Ocean” and “Cool Vibrations.”

In 2011, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby empires » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Did a quick run through the park the other day and snapped a few pictures to share of the happenings around the park, mainly of the construction beginning for the new themed entrance. On a side note there's rumors going around that when JTA opens from its rehab, it will be an altered ride experience. If I had to guess, I'd say they're improving the story-line of the ride,which is damn near incomprehensible. Anyone know more???
016.JPG
These are the walls up in front of the park for the temporary entrance they're building
017.JPG
This is where the new entrance will have the guests enter once done. It's between the Hospitality center and the current entrance
022.JPG
Up above gives you a nice overview of whats going on
023.JPG
025.JPG
not sure if this is construction for the new entrance or just landscape work
027.JPG
In other news it looks as though they're adding a little river in Manta's queue
021.JPG
And final pic of Manta starting to grow up a little

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 am

I really wish I could contribute to the cause here, but I have no idea what's going to happen to JTA.
Hopefully it will actually become a good ride.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 pm

JTA's story is actually pretty cool, but no one every seems to pay attention to it. I'll be honest though, it's pretty hard to pick up on in its current form.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Anything visible at the 4d theatre?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm

I didn't even realize there was a story line to JTA... What is it?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm

I enjoyed JTA, but I honestly remember nothing of the themed parts. The one in Orlando is much better. For some reason I thought they were identical down to the theming. Am I wrong, or was it just poorly maintained on the SD one?
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:I enjoyed JTA, but I honestly remember nothing of the themed parts. The one in Orlando is much better. For some reason I thought they were identical down to the theming. Am I wrong, or was it just poorly maintained on the SD one?

I went last Summer and rode it. Yeah, it did look like it need some maintanince/refreshing. It really needs it in the elevator scene. Man, those screen look dated.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Someotherguyuser wrote:
cal1br3tto wrote:I enjoyed JTA, but I honestly remember nothing of the themed parts. The one in Orlando is much better. For some reason I thought they were identical down to the theming. Am I wrong, or was it just poorly maintained on the SD one?

I went last Summer and rode it. Yeah, it did look like it need some maintanince/refreshing. It really needs it in the elevator scene. Man, those screen look dated.

Indeed, it was really bad right before it went down for rehab in January.

Journey to Atlantis officially re-opened today, did anyone go today, and if so, were there any major changes to the multimedia?

Postby SoCalCoasters » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Cirque has been spared, and Elmo is gone! Wmahahahahaahahaha!

http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/seaworld-parks-entertainment-launches-madagascar-live-operation-vacation-seaworld-san-diego-and-busc

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment today announced it will premiere “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation,” an original live musical show featuring the characters from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: DWA) beloved Madagascar franchise, at two of the company’s parks this summer.
Celebrating the box office success of Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, which has grossed more than $740 million at the worldwide box office, Alex the Lion and friends will party while on vacation with guests at Busch Gardens� and SeaWorld� throughout 2013.

The 20-minute musical show follows the antics of Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien, Mort and the Penguins during a vacation adventure. The show will feature rock/pop music performed by a live band and include both classic and original songs. The characters also will conduct meet and greets with park guests. Additionally, special co-branded merchandise exclusive to the parks, will be available.
These two locations will be the only theme parks in the U.S. where fans can see the characters of Madagascar live. The new show “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation” premieres in the following locations:
• Busch Gardens Tampa May 18, 2013.
• SeaWorld San Diego June 15, 2013.
The company also has the opportunity to expand the show to other parks in the SeaWorld family in the future.
“Audiences around the world have embraced the characters of Madagascar, and SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks are the ideal places for families to enjoy this immersive live entertainment experience,” said DreamWorks Animation’s Head of Worldwide Licensing & Consumer Products, Kerry Phelan. “The entire creative team behind this uniquely original version of “Madagascar Live!” has done an impressive job of translating the beloved world from screen to stage, bringing it to life for young park guests and family audiences alike.”
“Our parks both entertain and inspire guests to care about animals,” said Scott Helmstedter, Chief Creative Officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Likewise, the Madagascar movies also inspire animal lovers, but in a different way with their inimitable charm and humor. We welcome these characters to our family with open arms and look forward to working with DreamWorks Animation on this incredibly funny and engaging new show.”
Madagascar is one of the most successful CG animated movie franchises of all time, grossing more than $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office. In 2012 “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” grossed over $740 million at the global box office, becoming the highest grossing film of the series.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!