SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 126: Mako, floorless dive coaster announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
X > X2

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby X2coasterfreak » Wed May 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Alright, this has been a bit over due, seeing as I rode Manta on Saturday, but I just wanted to give my opinion on the ride. I am honestly in love with this roller coaster. It is the perfect fit, I think, for SWSD. It is a very fun ride, not very thrilling, but definitely fun. It blew the expectations I had for it, the launches were more forceful than I thought they were, and the airtime on the ride surprised me. I'd go out on a limb and say this is a family coaster on steroids, it packs surprising punch.

Out of the nine times chickenbowl and I rode, I would have to say night time is the best to ride, everything just seems faster. And the trains look freaking awesome too, they are are very comfortable and look amazing. On whether to ride the ride front or back, I would have to recommend riding closer to the front, the airtime feels like it sustains itself longer, while in the back there is an extra pop.

Overall, I had a great day at Sea World, hanging out with my friends, and meeting Mr,. and Lady Bebe :) So if you are near SWSD, go ride Manta, you won't be disappointed.
Credit Count: 417
340 Steel 77 Wood

Steel Vengeance/Skyrush/Intimidator305/Maverick/Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod/Outlaw Run/Phoenix/El Toro/Wildfire

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Wed May 30, 2012 4:26 pm

bottom_feeder_13 wrote:I'm currently resisting making one of my more racist comments that has something to do with this type of stuff and Mexico 'happening', but either way I think it's something that the same idiots who are the ones to drop out of high school, and other stupid stuff think is cool along with walking around looking like a fool with about a foot of their boxers showing.

Right, because White people don't tag or do any of that stuff. And that will be my only comment on that subject entirely.

Manta looks like a winner for Sea World San Diego! Not sure if I'll be able to make it down there this year, but I'm glad we got yet another great looking attraction in the busy So Cal market this year.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:36 pm

^Yeah, meanwhile in Williamsburg (74% white) Verbolten has entire chunks of paint ripped off throughout the queue after only a week in operation. Has nothing to do with the color or ethnicity of the people, just the people.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Trues » Wed May 30, 2012 4:43 pm

^^I blame the seagulls for vandalism. They crapped all over Manta, even before the thing started testing!
seagull.jpg
back in April...
Next time, wear blindfolds...okay?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Chrisrad » Wed May 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm an hour away from this coaster and I just can't get excited about riding it. While it looks like a really fun ride and is longer than I expected, it's the fact that SWSD has nothing else that would interest me, especially when the SD Zoo is so incredible.

For those of you who have been on CA coasters, what would you compare it to? Or did someone on the last page say it's a baby version of Maverick?

I'm just trying to justify the money I would spend to ride... a single coaster. :?r

I bet there's some good Mexican food in the area though, right? ;)

Too soon?
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 pm

^You can't justify Sea World's high gate for a single credit, even a solid one like Manta. I love this thing, but I wouldn't drop $60+ just for it. I do think you're under-selling the park. As a marine institute and science / educational park, it's on the same world class tier as the SD Zoo. I understand your viewpoint; I've found no reason to visit the zoo in years.

My 15 year old says Manta is a kid-sized version of Maverick, but don't set your expectations that high. It is very, very good for a ride of this size and stats. I think it beats anything at Disney save Screamin due to its more forceful launch, size and extended length. Personally I'd rather ride Manta. It pulls tricks no other California coaster does.

Sea World is fond of the buy a day get the year model. It doesn't look as bad if you visit more than once. Come down and do it all, zoo, SW and Belmont each time. Cheaper than a Disney AP. :lmao:

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Chrisrad » Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 pm

^ My sister has a SD zoo pass and gets me free tickets, so I thoroughly enjoy going when I can. She also has a SW pass, so I'm wondering if she'll ever get freebies, or if I have to buy a day and get a year.

I'll get down there eventually, but right now, I have passes for SFMM, Disney, and Knott's, plus I already bought a Deluxe for Disney next year.

I also need to let the 'newness' wear off..
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 pm

^If your sister has a Platinum Pass, tell her to kick down. Each one is good for a free pass each year. Which reminds me, Silver and Plat APs can buy tickets for a $20 discount. The Fun Card is a better value.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm glad to hear all the positive reviews of this ride. I've always thought it would be good, but it semms as if it could possibly exceed my expectations. Sounds like its time to pay SeaWorld and Belmont Park a visit (last visit was 2006). Unfortunately, despite this being my most anticipated single California attraction (Cars Land doesn't count since it's more than one ride), I'll probably have to wait until August since my sister isn't out of school until late June and July is totally booked.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm

I drove down to SWSD to ride Manta yesterday, and the ride was AMAZING. Blew away expectations. That ride alone was worth the two-hour drive. It was an especially fun adventure considering that it was the first real "trip" I have gone on by myself despite the fact that it was only a day. Also spent time at Belmount after SW closed.

BTW, I have a trip report of my trip I want to share with some photos. Do you guys (mods) prefer I put it here or maker it's own thread for it?
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!