Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Wed May 23, 2012 5:10 pm

TXman308 wrote:Why does the ride rock back and forth before the launch. Is it there to enhance the effects with the dome?

I don't think it serves any real purpose, but it seems like a kind of cool and unique effect.

Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 pm

This seems like the perfect family coaster. It looks amazing. I'd like to see more of these popping up around the country, especially over here on the east coast. These even seem like they would be good family coasters for companies like Cedar Fair... even if they didn't have all the theming and tunnel that Manta has.

Congrats to SWSD on such a fantastic (and much needed) coaster!

Wed May 23, 2012 6:40 pm

This ride look really great! There seems to even be a few, yet brief, moments of airtime! So excited to ride this opening day Saturday!

Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 pm

I am so excited to finally update you guys! THIS RIDE IS FREAKING AMAZING! Even the video doesn't do it justice.

- the Manta area isn't finished yet. There is a lot of landscaping, decorating, lighting, and work on the queue to be done before everything comes together.

- the rocking back and forth of the car at the launch is pretty neat! It gives you a better view of the screen, and gives you a feeling of anticipation, like "ready.......set.........go!"

- there is a negative G hill halfway through that is wicked. all the launches and banks feel much faster due to the close quarters. Manta really is an exciting ride

I'm going to leave a lot of stuff out, else it wouldn't be fair to the TPR guys who are fortunate enough to go this week. But in short, come out to San Diego and Ride the Ray, Feel the Rush!. I look forward to the week's updates!
Attachments
28c36m8.jpg
Queue isn't finished yet, so there's just a long line
28c36m8.jpg (65.8 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
5fjips.jpg
construction near touch-ray pool
5fjips.jpg (86.08 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
u6d6p.jpg
neat ray-themed station
u6d6p.jpg (89.49 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
2jaarvb.jpg
1st row is definitely worth the wait!
2jaarvb.jpg (93.02 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
6nz5mu.jpg
Manta in action!
6nz5mu.jpg (135.25 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
2czef84.jpg
hello little guy. if it weren't for you, Manta would never exist!
2czef84.jpg (84.84 KiB) Viewed 1740 times

Thu May 24, 2012 4:37 pm

It's great to hear that Manta is enjoyable.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu May 24, 2012 4:37 pm.

Thu May 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Can't wait to check it out this summer!

Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Just wondering, are the wheels still making that squeeky noise?

Thu May 24, 2012 5:15 pm

It's interesting that the ride is open with so much left to do. I have no idea when I'll make it down to San Diego, but when I do I'd love to ride this!

Thu May 24, 2012 6:01 pm

^I'm assuming that has to do with the timing of Memorial Day weekend. Need your new ride open for the big crowds!

Thu May 24, 2012 6:09 pm

^ Unless you are a certain other socal park who likes to delay their new rides...

Hopefully I can manage to get down to ride Manta in the next few weeks, as it really looks like a solid fun ride.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS